Argentina vs. Canada - May 24, 2010 - Viewing Parties

El Hombre

Canada vs. Argentina

Monday, May 24

Time: 3:30PM EST/12:30PM PST

TV Coverage: All four Sportsnet channels

The following is a list of gathering places for Voyageurs to view the game (details to be added to this post as they are received).

Calgary - Fiddler's Courtyard (tentative)

Edmonton - Elephant & Castle, Whyte Ave.

Halifax -

Kingston - The Toucan (tentative)

Montreal - Cafe Frappe http://www.barstlaurentfrappe.com/contact.htm (confirmed)

Ottawa - Georgetown Pub, 1159 Bank St. (confirmed)

Quebec City -

Regina -

Saskatoon - Winston's Pub or Sports on Tap (tentative)

St. John's -

Toronto - Duke of Gloucester (confirmed)

Vancouver - Cinema Public House 901 Granville St. (confirmed)

Victoria - The Podium (to be confirmed by marktci)

Winnipeg - Buccacino's Cucina Italiana, 155 Osborne St. (confirmed)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vancouverites: I've just sent an email to Three Lions Cafe (1 East Broadway, at Ontario St.). The mid-day kick-off will likely preclude most people from attending, but I should be there.

(BTW, El Hombre, it's "Argentina vs. Canada", not "Canada vs. Argentina".)

Isn't Victoria Day a day off in Vancouver as well?

Saskatoon's will most likely (pending the NHL playoff schedule, which always royally ****s things up if it's on the same night) be at Winston's Pub downtown. All Saskatchewan Vs are invited, it's a shame it isn't on the Sunday as I'd like to set up a grand get-together of all the Sask Vs just to see what the turnout would be like. IF the playoffs fall on the same night as this match, then we will most likely have to go to Plan Z, which is Sports On Tap in the south end, or else someone will have to offer up their house, plain and simple.

What time is the match?

If the Winnipeg Voyageurs are okay with it, I can arrange to have it at Billabong Australian Bistro in Osborne Village. It's a central location, lots of beers to choose from, and should be okay on a Monday. Let me know what you guys think.

Toronto, Toronto, Stand-up!

Pending that this volcano doesn't leave me stranded again, I get back to Toronto on May 20th.

What are we thinking lads?

Scallywags, Duke of Gloucester, Brazenhead???

Let's get something going. I'm not really up on the Toronto Football Circus pub scene, so somebody better step in here....

I am in no position to confirm this, Grizzly probably can, but it's a safe bet to think that Café Frappé would be willing to show this on at least one of the tvs

I'd be very interested in hearing confirmation on this. I'm going to be in Montreal that day and - you're not going to believe this - I don't know much about soccer pubs over there!

4 PM in BA, that means 3 PM EST or more importantly 2 PM for the Winnipeg lads.

Most likely, but that time change still hasn't been officially confirmed yet. And the AFA website still has it listed at 18:00 local time.

Three Lions is a good place in Vancouver. I'm sure they will accomodate us.

Turns out Three Lions is closed on Mondays. Any other ideas for a Vancouver venue?

I am in no position to confirm this, Grizzly probably can, but it's a safe bet to think that Café Frappé would be willing to show this on at least one of the tvs

I can arrange Frappe, big screen with sound, no problem as long as it doesn't conflict with a Habs game. If Cheetah is right and the game is at 3 pm EST then it should be fine. Once the game time is confirmed and/or the Habs playoff schedule is released I will confirm things.

Scallywags is good for me guys. Let's make it official unless anyone has any serious complaints. Would be nice to get a decent little crowd out for this one.

Looking forward to watching a game in Toronto for the first time since, err..., Onstad-gate at BMO.

Archived