Argentina vs. Canada - May 24, 2010 - Viewing Parties

El Hombre

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to ask at The Podium this weekend. They have an upstairs area that's kind of isolated and I think at that time of day, they might be very accommodating with TVs and sound.

Sure we can meet at the Strath. Which pub and do they have TV's?

The last few times we have gotten together has been at the Bard and Banker.

Stevie... if you're sure that the playoffs will get in the way of this one then we have to go for Sports On Tap. Not an ideal choice, but it's the difference between no audio and audio. Do you have a laptop we could bring? I like trying to keep up with everything on here during the match, but usually it ends up that I watch it on my own at home, so no need for a laptop.

Anyway, I'm going to try and round up who I can for this one. No matter what the deal, we'll get S'toon Vs out for this one! I'm sweating bullets over this friendly out of fear of how it could end up, but you never know what could happen I guess...

Tuscan if the game is on at 15:30 ET / 12:30 PT, we may not have a problem with the hockey game overlapping. Also i do have a laptop i will bring, and im pretty sure Winstons has wireless we can use, because the downton saskatoon free wireless is junk. also do you know if Winstons is HD or not?

Winnipeg venue will either be at Billabong Australian bar, or Carlos & Murphy's. Both are in Osborne Village, but will be confirmed once we know they'll be open on Victoria Day @ 1:30 pm. I should have everything finalized by Wednesday, May 19th. Let me know who'll be there!

WRONG Rudi. The Voyageurs will be at the Duke, and U-Sector is more than welcome to join us.

(NWO 4 Life)

Are you still drunk from Montreal? :D

Considering it's U-Sector's year-round bar, I'm going to say it's U-Sector hosting the V's. Not that it matters, of course. Especially considering the amount of overlap.

Team Toronto:

Shall we shift the plan to the Duke of Gloucester to unite the the two crews?

Always nice to have a bit of a crowd...

You'll have a bigger crowd at the Duke, TBH.

Up to you. Scally's is always a good choice.

I will if I'm there that day. Might be in Toronto though.

Do you know if you're going to be there? I think my brother could be there, so it would be the largest contingent of Kingston Voyageurs ever... 3

Ok, assuming there won't be a hockey or all-important baseball game (cuz all 100million of them are...not) at that time then Winston's will definitely be the best choice. They're fine with us bringing flags and gettin rowdy (shoulda been there for Montreal Honduras 08!) and they have Newcastle on tap, so it's always a winner in my book. Get there and start drinking at 11, so that by 1:30 no matter what happens we'll be too happy to face reality :P

WINNIPEG VENUE CHANGE - Buccacino's Cucina Italiana 155 Osborne St.

In light of many restaurants & pubs being closed on a Victoria Day Monday, I have arranged to have a section of Buccacino's

to have a large projection screen available for the Argentina match. Since many have expressed to have it at a kid-friendly place,

Buccacino's will have food and drink to accommodate footie fans of all ages.

I'll have the venue finalized by this Thursday. The restaurant owner is also arranging something with the Molson rep, so it'll likely be there.

Let me know those who can make it, as we hope to have large numbers. Thanks!

http://www.google.ca/mapdata?CxXJE_kCHVquNfogDwxAjgJIuQFSAkNBkAECygECZW4

Alright, everything's confirmed with the Georgetown. They're pretty laid back so they said I could steal a TV. So all you Ottawa Vees should come out, even if you don't post that much.

I'll probably be there early to grab a table or two. If there's nothing else being shown, I'll grab the big screen, if not it'll probably be around on the other side of the bar. Don't be shy.

Vancouverites:

Haven't heard back yet from Library Square, but it's probably a no-go, as England are playing a match at the same time.

Still waiting to hear back from the Donnelly chain of pubs (who own Library Square), as they might be willing to show it at one of their other pubs.

If anyone can secure a Vancouver venue that will definitely show the match, please make yourself heard!

Archived