Argentina Match to be Televised

Lord Bob

Anyone know if it will be on Sportsnet Ontario? A couple of times baseball was covered instead of soccer games on the ontario channel. It might be about time that I order all the channels along with GolTV for the summer

What we should really be doing is start prodding the pub managers we know to show this thing on May 24.

Is there a UFC event on May 24'th? If not, you can just ask the bartender to put it on Sportsnet when you get there.

as long as it doesn't conflict with a Playoff hockey game of the Canucks, that will be an awesome friendly to watch. Maradona and Messi and lots of History. on that note any word on who Argentina will be dressing for this fixture, is it gonna be a World Cup looking squad?

I'm wondering what there world cup squad will look like period, they were playing martin palermo in their final qualifiers so who knows, we could all probably name like 10 sure bets (like messi, cambiasso and tevez) but really who knows (they have decent depth, their no brazil but decent, so even if maradona calls up an odd squad it probably would still be a great team.

Too soon to say.

Wednesday this week, the C domestic squad plays Haiti, only Palermo form that match will make the WC squad.

I expect Messi will play, but may only be brought on at the end. Depends oon how tired the players on. None of the Argies form Bayern or Inter will play, of course. Will basically be the WCV squad, for sure. There is also the pride of playing in Argentina for the last time before WC (they play in the UAE at the end of the week).

I'm wondering what there world cup squad will look like period, they were playing martin palermo in their final qualifiers so who knows, we could all probably name like 10 sure bets (like messi, cambiasso and tevez) but really who knows (they have decent depth, their no brazil but decent, so even if maradona calls up an odd squad it probably would still be a great team.

They have more depth than Brazil.

Despite his great play, Cambiasso is getting ignored so I doubt he is a lock. Expect the starting line up to look like this for the World Cup:

------Higuain-------------

-----------------Messi----

Di Maria--------------Jonas

-----Mascherano--Veron---

Heinze----------------------?

----Samuel---Demichellas--

RB should be Zanetti but Diego has made some strange ommissions the past few matches and during qualifying in general.

I don't know, I'd have to disagree, Argentina A always holds up to Brazil, B could too, but for real, Brazil D would probably be one of the best teams in a world cup (the test of this would be, can you think of 100 great, current brazilian footballers, I think I could (maybe not great, but damn good). You know how alot of leagues break down into 2 or 3 or 4 regional divisions, the state championships breaks down 26 (27?) ways. This will sound silly but I tried playing FM in brazil and leading a team to the top but I had to quit, game time was SLOWER then real time, I didn't have 2 weeks to get 2 weeks into it.

I don't know, I'd have to disagree, Argentina A always holds up to Brazil, B could too, but for real, Brazil D would probably be one of the best teams in a world cup (the test of this would be, can you think of 100 great, current brazilian footballers, I think I could (maybe not great, but damn good). You know how alot of leagues break down into 2 or 3 or 4 regional divisions, the state championships breaks down 26 (27?) ways. This will sound silly but I tried playing FM in brazil and leading a team to the top but I had to quit, game time was SLOWER then real time, I didn't have 2 weeks to get 2 weeks into it.

I think on paper they match up to Brasil easily, yet when it comes down to the past couple decades of pitch success it's all one-sided and Brasil takes it.

Messi with Barca and Messi with ARG are nigh and day it seems. Maradona has been questioned since day one if he can be as good as coach as player. Honestly I think the "special" players tend to make horrible coaches.

I'm sorry but the Gretzky's and the Maradona's of the world can't coach cause they played with pure skill and really what advice on tactics and schemes can they really give their low-end, middling players. scheme and play was take the puck or ball and get it done any way possible.

I doubt that. They would be good but far from the best.

I thidoubt, but nk on paper they match up to Brasil easily,yet when it comes down to the past couple decades of pitch success it's all one-sided and Brasil takes it.

Messi with Barca and Messi with ARG are nigh and day it seems. Maradona has been questioned since day one if he can be as good as coach as player. Honestly I think the "special" players tend to make horrible coaches.

I'm sorry but the Gretzky's and the Maradona's of the world can't coach cause they played with pure skill and really what advice on tactics and schemes can they really give their low-end, middling players. scheme and play was take the puck or ball and get it done any way possible.

For the most part, minus the early 90s and from 2004-2007.

I just spoke to my buddy at the Telelatino Network and they are working on broadcasting the game live as well. I'm guessing it will be the Spanish feed so we can at least hear the word GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL from the spanish announce team! So maybe worse case scenario, go to a latino pub to watch it.

Archived