Wednesday night ratings are going to BLOW!

Impact-TFC match is going head-to-head with the Habs' game seven showdown with Ovechkin's Capitals. Good thing it's being played in BMO and not Saputo, or the stadium would be empty.

As a Montreal sports fan Im must say I'm incredibly conflicted... I'll probably have both streams open beside each other :) At least until the Habs fall back 3-0 in the first 10 minutes.

As a Montreal sports fan Im must say I'm incredibly conflicted... I'll probably have both streams open beside each other :) At least until the Habs fall back 3-0 in the first 10 minutes.

You have it backwards. We'll be up 3-0 after 10 minutes but give up 4 in the last 3. Honestly I have had a hard time watching this series, I don't need the heart attack. I'll watch TFC vs Impact flipping into the Habs game periodically.

do you know how/where we can watch the NCC match via webstream???

Actually i hadn't thought of it yet and assumed it might be streamed via torontofc.ca or sportsnet.ca (never assume). It's probably too much to expect someone will be streaming the sportsnet broadcast on atdhe.net or rojadirecta.org but it's possible. Despite advertising that all matches were going to be streamed off montrealimpact.com they still don't appear to have a player up and running. I may have to drop in on a friend who has sportsnet on TV and convince him to stream the hockey on his laptop so we can put the Impact on TV. Ahhhhhh, the life of the Canadian soccer fan.

^my point exactly. When the hardcore Impact supporters are conflicted whether to watch the Habs or an Impact match against their biggest rival, what hope is there to persuade the casual Montreal sports fan to watch. If I was in Canada, I'd be watching the Habs, even if it was the 'Caps playing TFC, and I'm one of the more devoted football supporters. It's some very poor luck for the NCC folks that the Habs refused to accept that they were finished.

The ratings were going to blow anyways (at least in this part of the country). I have not seen it mentioned anywhere that the tournament is actually starting. Plus, Sportsnet is showing the Jays baseball game over the soccer in the pacific region.

the new ratings system measures stuff like bars, if they have 10-20 tv's and one is playing the game it might actually not bomb so hard, I'm not completely sure on the new ratings system except that it tracks things like sports bars so it may be a little better but realistically ratings will for sure be down.

FYI, it's snowing (wet snow) with some accumulation. Saputo sort of looks like Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow They would. Wednesday evening should be 9°C and clear. I think Toronto is the better choice weather wise.

The weather is so depressing, after having 2weeks of fair temperature, i was even having diners outside on the balcony. Latest news is that the snow stops tomorrow.

Actually i hadn't thought of it yet and assumed it might be streamed via torontofc.ca or sportsnet.ca (never assume). It's probably too much to expect someone will be streaming the sportsnet broadcast on atdhe.net or rojadirecta.org but it's possible.

I'm pretty sure the game will be on atdhe.net, justin.tv or myp2p.eu. It's being broadcast on a national channel, after all. If those websites can get Japanese and Korean matches, surely they will have a Vees Cup game.

RDS will be broadcasting the game on tape delay in french after the hockey game.
Wow RDS... Where does that come from ? I think they never broadcasted an Impact game before... They don't really seem to care about getting the TV rights.

I never heard of that news before today. Their website only shows the CP story with no mention they're gonna show the game tonight. Once again, bad marketing. But still, congrats to RDS for showing interest.

Wow RDS... Where does that come from ? I think they never broadcasted an Impact game before... They don't really seem to care about getting the TV rights.

I never heard of that news before today. Their website only shows the CP story with no mention they're gonna show the game tonight. Once again, bad marketing. But still, congrats to RDS for showing interest.

That is incorrect. RDS used to broadcast Impact games like 4-5 years ago (I don't remember the exact dates) but once they got the full rights to Habs games, the Impact kind of went by the way side.

My bad. Now it rings a bell in my head.

But I don't understand this move since that hasn't prevented them to broadcast every single Als game (I know this is part of the TSN deal as their french counterpart but still...). Also, we're talking about a winter sport vs. a summer sport, so what's the point ?

Game will be shown on RDS at 10:45 pm (tape delay)

SOCCER - CHAMPIONNAT CANADIEN NUTRILITE: MONTRÉAL VS TORONTO

mercredi 28 avril - 22:45

Épaulés par Rudy Doliscat et Mathieu Jolivet, Claudine Douville et Jean Gounelle décrivent ce match du Championnat canadien Nutrilite impliquant L'Impact et le Toronto FC, un prélude à la Ligue des champions de la CONCACAF.

http://www.rds.ca/surnosondes/

They will re brodcast the match on thursday afternoon at 15:00 for those who can't watch the match on Wednesday.

Game will be shown on RDS at 10:45 pm (tape delay)

SOCCER - CHAMPIONNAT CANADIEN NUTRILITE: MONTRÉAL VS TORONTO

mercredi 28 avril - 22:45

Épaulés par Rudy Doliscat et Mathieu Jolivet, Claudine Douville et Jean Gounelle décrivent ce match du Championnat canadien Nutrilite impliquant L'Impact et le Toronto FC, un prélude à la Ligue des champions de la CONCACAF.

http://www.rds.ca/surnosondes/

They will re brodcast the match on thursday afternoon at 15:00 for those who can't watch the match on Wednesday.

now to survive until 10:45 without someone telling me the score and ruining it for me.

now to survive until 10:45 without someone telling me the score and ruining it for me.

Thats always the challange when watching a sporting event on tape delay. I have to remeber to stay away from RIS, The Score or any other programming that might leak out the score.

That is incorrect. RDS used to broadcast Impact games like 4-5 years ago (I don't remember the exact dates) but once they got the full rights to Habs games, the Impact kind of went by the way side.

THe Habs have nothing to do with that, the Impact did'nt have any real broadcasting contract before the SRC deal, instead every year Joey Saputo went to RDS and simply paid them to have about 5 games on tv for every season. At a certain point the SRC wanted to get some sport back on it's network so they went to the Impact and offered a good contract to the team, RDS did'nt want to pay to broadcast the games and simply let the Impact go. Eventually they also lost the WC rights and the Champions league.

Now the real question is this, did the Impact pay to get on RDS like they used to or did RDS decide to get some money into it? The sports broadcasting portrait is about to change in Québec with the disparition of the monopoly for RDS, Quebecor now has the right to launch a sports network and SRC is seriously looking into it too. So getting local rights like the Impact is important.

It is a good thing that nobody was probably watching this game. What a terrible advertisment for Canadian soccer. The football was awful, the match was boring, the teams were wearing the same kits. No wonder so mny people left in the second half. How are you supposed to sell that!

Second round NHL playoff schedule is now out and it's more bad news for Canadian soccer. Next week's 'Caps-Impact match is going with the Canucks' at home to Chicago for game 3 of their series. The following week's return match between Impact and TFC could possibly go head to head with the Habs-Pens game 7 in Pittsburgh, if the series goes that long. The NCC can't seem to catch a break this year.

It is a good thing that nobody was probably watching this game. What a terrible advertisment for Canadian soccer. The football was awful, the match was boring, the teams were wearing the same kits. No wonder so mny people left in the second half. How are you supposed to sell that!

You sound really pretentious. It wasn't awful at all.

Not that many left and all that stayed minus the few blue enjoyed themselves immensely, thanks!

I'm sure it was a fun game to be at if you are a hardcore TFC supporter...but as a TV event, it was atrocious. Plus, you can't tell me the 'maple leaf' stand wasn't a lot emptier with 20 minutes left than it was 20 minutes in.

Archived