Impact-Thunder July 11

Alberto7

Impact lose 3-0 (!!) to the worst team in USL division 1. That makes 3 straight league games they have been shut out. Dos Santos blasts players who are not putting in effort(not naming them of course).

What should they do now? I say it is time to get rid of a bunch of "star" players and let the young guys play.

I would get rid of:

Roberto Brown

Rocco Placentino

Eduardo Sebrango

Matt Jordan

Comments? other suggestions?

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

It was a disgrace!

I would get rid of:

Nick De Santis

Marc Dos Santos

Has anything else come out yet on why Limniatis was sacked, cause the move looks stupider everyday

There are honestly 3 players on this squad that I'd think to be "untouchable" or players we can build around:

Joqueviel (too bad for injury riddled career so far)

deRoux

Pesoli

Those 3 players IMO should not be touched all others are expendable. Not to mention we need to clean house, but that won't happen NDS and Joey Saputo are too close to go their own ways. Just last week prior to the Syria game they were dining and laughing together.

Demission De Santis !!!!

This team hasn't been the same since Santos Laguna. Seems to me that the players are playing the blame game on each other. Some look simply disinterested (Grande ,Gjertsen, Brown). Others like Sebrango and Pizzolitto seem to have lost a step.

I don't know how Dos Santos is percieved by his players, but if this continues its not going to matter.

Nick Desantis has to shoulder alot of the blame. His signings have been horrible, considering the ressources he has at his disposal.

quote:Originally posted by Alberto7

I would get rid of:

Roberto Brown

Rocco Placentino

Eduardo Sebrango

Matt Jordan

Are you naming these players from what you saw today? I didn't watch today's game but I watched a lot of Impact games in the past and I don't agree with getting rid of Placentino and Jordan. These two are important players for the club but I agree that Montreal lacks good strikers.

quote:Originally posted by canucklefan

Are you naming these players from what you saw today? I didn't watch today's game but I watched a lot of Impact games in the past and I don't agree with getting rid of Placentino and Jordan. These two are important players for the club but I agree that Montreal lacks good strikers.

Placentino goes on these incredible runs and gets either stopped cold by the defender or shoots wide. He was dreadful in the game against Toronto FC. He will occasionally pull off a great shot but is very, very inconsistent.

Jordan has lost it this year. He looks shaky almost all the time.He was horrible against Portland and Minnesota. He just does not inspire confidence.

In general the veteran players don't seem to care on the field. We need to clean house and that starts with Nick De Santis. Of course I don't expect any of this to happen and the team will keep playing dreadful football. Sad really.

quote:Originally posted by Alberto7

Placentino goes on these incredible runs and gets either stopped cold by the defender or shoots wide. He was dreadful in the game against Toronto FC. He will occasionally pull off a great shot but is very, very inconsistent.

Jordan has lost it this year. He looks shaky almost all the time.He was horrible against Portland and Minnesota. He just does not inspire confidence.

In general the veteran players don't seem to care on the field. We need to clean house and that starts with Nick De Santis. Of course I don't expect any of this to happen and the team will keep playing dreadful football. Sad really.

Placentino is inconsistent and needs to improve his finishing. Yet he is one of our few players capable of making such runs, has scored as much as anyone else (except Brown who has one more goal) and has set up more goals than anyone else on the team. It is also not his fault when he sets up numerous teammates with great chances and they fail to finish them. Placentino has his flaws and areas that he needs to work on but in my opinion has been one of the few bright lights on the team so far.

Jordan has always been overrated to some extent in my opinion partly because his flaws were not exposed in USL similar to how the flaws of Sutton and Onstad are not exposed in MLS like they are with the national team. Like the other two, Jordan is an excellent shot stopper but has other deficiencies that are often overlooked because he makes some impressive saves. Since the Champions League his confidence seems shot and he has been shaky. He was also very shaky in that famous game against Santos and responsible for a couple of goals. Nevertheless, there are not a lot of keepers of Jordan's calibre available in North America. What we needed to do though was sign someone who wasn't going to be just a backup but who was a challenger to Jordan for the starting job. Djekanovic just doesn't seem to be a USL level keeper and is not challenging him for the job.

As far as someone who is really performing poorly right now, I would have to single out Grande who has done nothing all year other than fight with his teammates. Last year he was possibly our best player but now the only time you notice him is when he is giving up the ball.

Sandro Grande is acting like a primadonna this season. Let us not forget, he was suspended by John Limniaitis for 1 game earlier this season when he was upset for being substituted.

Lets hope someone in the front office gets some help for him,cause he's setting a bad example to the younger players on the squad.

Archived