CSA Reports

4 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Any idea how the womens WC compares??  It must be bringing some money in. 

Total prize money was US$30 million for 2019 Women's World Cup. It was a 2x increase from Canada's 2015 World Cup.

USA as winner got US$4 million which was also a 2x increase from their 2015 win.

Just the winner in Qatar will get US$50 million which is US$12 million more than France got in 2018. So, as Herdman has alluded to, just making the men's World Cup as one of 32 is equivalent to winning 2 Women's World Cups.

Interesting. Although revenue was drastically down from 2019 the CSA was in a better financial position at the end of Dec 2020 v 2019. What is suprising  is that we spent almost $3.1M on the men's team. How many games/camps did we have in 2020 other than the Jan camp? Admin cost were up from 2019?

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

How many games/camps did we have in 2020 other than the Jan camp? Admin cost were up from 2019?

I wonder how much of the Jan 2020 camp was paid for back in 2019 and how much of the Jan 2021 camp was paid for back in 2020.

Given how last-minute our prep in January 2020 was to set up friendly matches for ranking points, I wouldn't be surprised if much of the costs fell in the 2020 for both Camp Poutines.

Also our cancelled T&T friendlies costs money, as did the postponed U23 Olympic Qualifying.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

8 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I’ll have to wait till I’m at a desktop to do this. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

3 hours ago, red card said:

The 2021 annual report came out on the weekend. Haven't seen the financial report yet.

But they do disclose source and use of funds in 2021. Men's teams got bulk of spend. WCQ > Olympic prep.

https://issuu.com/canadasoccer/docs/2021-cs-annualreport-issu-en

CSA2021SourceUseFunds.jpg

2020 for reference:

image.png.32881edca293a41c8702e34c8db129cd.png

- Obvious is the Increase in commercial sponsorships. We saw a lot of new partners.
- Player fees decreased by 2% from 2020 (weird when everything was shut down)
- staging, marketing and communications decreased by nearly 10%, while administration doubled