CAN - HON Official Game Thread [R]

Sam

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by jonovision

Be afraid, be very afraid . . .

CANADA: Hirschfeld; Harmse, McKenna, Hainault, Klukowski; Stalteri, Hutchinson, Bernier, De Jong; Radzinski, Gerba

WTF is Harmse doing there.

So it will probably be a 4-5-1 with Stalteri, McKenna, Hainault and Klukowski at the back. De Jong, Hutchinson, Bernier, Harmse and Radzinski in the midfield. Then Gerba up top.

quote:Originally posted by mluciani

Is that the lineup?

Yes, it's a 4-4-2 according to the CSA website.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/documents/Match_trackers/20081011_FIFAWCQ_HON_CAN.pdf

I'm a bit scared by our backline with Harmse, Hainault and Mckenna....

Stally in the midfield is interesting.

I guess DM felt that playing Gerba and Friend would be to easy to defend so he throws Radz in it with Gerba. I'm surprise with Gerba starting over Friend but he has played well so far, so not really shocking.

It might have been better to use Stalteri at the back, Radz on the right and Hume with Gerba up front. But maybe the problem would be that we have no real speed on the bench who could be use as a super sub if needed.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

The right move, if you want Stalteri in midfield, is Ledgerwood at right back. But as bad as Harmse has been at times in MLS, he has played reasonably well in limited time for Canada (GC 2007).

I don't know when he arrived but Nik L. was called late so that might have been taken into the equation by the coaching staff decision not to start him. Add to that he has only played a few minutes with those guys, maybe it's better to keep him on the bench. Anyways, I'm still scared by our back 4.

Why the great would Harmse see the pitch?? This guy can't even get minutes for TFC DM surely is bat****. And Stalteri in right midfield???? WTF have you seen his crosses, This sounds a little bit ummm how you say retarded. I hope this info is wrong.

Archived