Canadians abroad: July 11-17, 2008

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

[*]In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for July 11-17, 2008.

[*]If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

[*]If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

[*]Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Pre Season Friendly

Fleetwood 1 Blackpool 2

D'Agostino plays the first half. From the report on the Blackpool most of the half was played down the right and D'Agostino saw alot of the ball from there.

stalteri was left home as tottenham traveled to spain for a pre-season training camp and friendlies....he had been training with the club in london.

from their fan site "Chimbonda, Stalteri,Rocha,Gardener and Lee are being left at home to discuss moves to other clubs."

no surprise, but i wonder where he will end...i noticed fulham are pursuing swedish right back Fredrik Stoor from Rosenborg, so it appears they are no longer interested in deisel.

^ I remember reading on here that he had made a comment that if Fulham were relegated, he would leave. I am sure that more than a few fans were irate about that, so maybe those comments have come back to hurt his chances of making a returning on a permanent deal.

Kenny Stamatopolos was on the bench as his Tromsö IL won an away match 3-1 at Aalesund. Tromsö continues to surprise and is only 3pts back of Stabaek for Tippeligan series lead.

4 matches today in Norway as the 13th round gets underway.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

Hirsch' CLUJ play a UEFA cup qualifier today. It's on live at my2p2.eu if you want to watch. Sorry, i forgot to check the time. Let me guess, Hirsch is hurt again!?

It's an international friendly, not a UEFA game. Cluj is qualified for the group stage of the Champions League.

In Norway, Oliver Occean is in the starting XI for Lilleström SK, away at Fredrikstad FK. They are in tough against the top team in the Norwegian Tippeliga. After only 8 minutes, they are down 2-0. Lilleström currently sits second last (13th) in the standings with only 9pts.

EDIT/UPDATE: 4-0 at half time. Occean had a promising scoring attempt in the 21st min getting alone behind the FFK backs and volleyed it from 10m. It sailed well over the bar. Otherwise it has been John Arne Riise's younger brother Bjørn Helge who's trying to get LSK back in the match.

In the second half, Occean appeared more in the match report. First in the 53rd min, a yellow card. Shortly thereafter he got a short range chance off a corner (from Riise) that was handled adeptly by FFK's keeper. In the 69th minute, from what I gather from the Norweigan description, Occean went for a header along with FFK's Piiroja. Oliver got the worst of the encounter and received a head injury (possibly due to cleats in the head? A bit was lost in my pseudo comprehension of Norwegian. Start fan in exile can you help?). He was substitued off shortly thereafter (74th min).

Elsewhere, Stephen Ademolu was on the bench for the entirety of his league 2 (Adeccoligan) LövHam's 3-1 away win at Alta IF.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

It's an international friendly, not a UEFA game. Cluj is qualified for the group stage of the Champions League.

Stancioiu started for Cluj and Hirschfeld came in at min 72. The game ended 0-0 against Panathinaikos.

Lars also played the second half for Cluj in a 1-1 draw with Groclin Dyskobolia on July 1. The other 2 keepers shared the job in Cluj 3-2 win over Dinamo Kiev on July 3.

Stancioiu started for Cluj and Hirschfeld came in at min 72. The game ended 0-0 against Panathinaikos.

Lars also played the second half for Cluj in a 1-1 draw with Groclin Dyskobolia on July 1. The other 2 keepers shared the job in Cluj 3-2 win over Dinamo Kiev on July 3.

quote:Originally posted by trueviking

stalteri was left home as tottenham traveled to spain for a pre-season training camp and friendlies....he had been training with the club in london.

from their fan site "Chimbonda, Stalteri,Rocha,Gardener and Lee are being left at home to discuss moves to other clubs."

no surprise, but i wonder where he will end...i noticed fulham are pursuing swedish right back Fredrik Stoor from Rosenborg, so it appears they are no longer interested in deisel.

Here's hoping he gets on with a new club ASAP and gets some early season starts prior to WCQ.

Agreed Bearcat. I think Stalteri is a player you REALLY need playing matches with his style of play. Maybe another loan to a promoted club or a transfer to a club like Wigan or Sunderland. Not sure about their right back situations. Or get transferred to the Bundesliga anywhere would we good.

Pre Season Friendly

Crawley Town 1 v 1 Crystal Palace

Rayner starts for Crawley and plays 70 mins

FK Jurmala 1 v 1 Blackpool

D'Agostino plays 90 mins and nearly scored the equalising goal but was denied. Blackpool leveled on 90 mins

Macclesfield Town 1 Blackburn Rovers 2

Dunfield starts and plays 61 mins

Cliftonville 0 Ipswich Town 7

Not sure yet how much action Peters saw he looks like he played atleast 45 mins and scored the 4th goal on 60 mins playing at Right Back from what I can find online

As mentioned in the C in G thread, Cluj are taking on VfL Bochum (Daniel Imhof and Dani Fernandes) tomorrow in a friendly.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

As mentioned in the C in G thread, Cluj are taking on VfL Bochum (Daniel Imhof and Dani Fernandes) tomorrow in a friendly.

None of the 2 canadians is starting this game. Also, the only portuguese keeper on the field is Nuno Claro for CFR Cluj (who has now been replaced by Cluj other keeper, a romanian lad).

It's 2-1 Cluj in min 50.

Archived