Canadians abroad: July 11-17, 2008

DJT

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

Good to see Lensky getting some minutes...lets hope he gets regular first team action this year and can push himself into the mix for the MNT

I think Lensky will be loaned out this season. He has been injured for most of last season and he needs to prove himself somewhere.

Even though Feyenoord are planning to play 3-5-2 this season there is way too much competition in midfield.

________________El Ahmadi________________Landzaat____________________

__De Guzman___________________Bruins__________________Van Bronckhorst

And as back up there are 3 of the worlds most promising 17 year old midfielders in the game (Georginio Wijnaldum , Leroy Fer and Michal Janota)

Even though he has received a senior squad number there is no way he's gonna break into the team.

He still has a few years left on his contract so there is still time for him.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Don't you think some of those guys will be sold before September 1st? I'm suprised DeGuzman is still there and Wijnaldum has also been linked with Real, Chelsea, and Arsenal -has he not?

It's been very quiet on transfers going out at Feyenoord.

A few midfielders have been told to leave (Danny Buijs , Nicky Hofs and Lee Chun Soo) but they havent found any clubs as of yet.

It's also been very quiet on the De Guzman front. I suspect all the big teams are waiting to see him in the Olympics. He's been picked in the final squad so a good chance for him to show his stuff and earn a move.

Wijnaldum doesnt want to leave Feyenoord. He's on the hit list for all the big clubs but he still has a contract until 2012. He has already played 13 games in the first team so no point in playing for Real Madrid reserves or U19s...

quote:Originally posted by loyola

TVMK Tallinn 0 - 3 FC Nordsjaelland in UEFA Cup action. Issey starts the game, don't know if he played the whole game. Bernier started on the bench, don't know if he played at all.

Bernier made his debut in the 2nd half, coming on for Jonathan Richter.

"Nyindkøbte Patrice Bernier fik også sin officielle FCN-debut i Tallinn, da den canadiske landsholdsspiller kom på banen et kvarter før tid i stedet for Jonathan Richter. "

quote:Originally posted by SCF08

It's been very quiet on transfers going out at Feyenoord.

A few midfielders have been told to leave (Danny Buijs , Nicky Hofs and Lee Chun Soo) but they havent found any clubs as of yet.

It's also been very quiet on the De Guzman front. I suspect all the big teams are waiting to see him in the Olympics. He's been picked in the final squad so a good chance for him to show his stuff and earn a move.

Wijnaldum doesnt want to leave Feyenoord. He's on the hit list for all the big clubs but he still has a contract until 2012. He has already played 13 games in the first team so no point in playing for Real Madrid reserves or U19s...

It sounds like it's team for a title run in Rotterdam! Nine years, it's been? What are the pundits saying about the clubs chances?

Personally, I think DeGuzman Jr's stock in on the decline. If they had a 10m Euro offer on the table they should have taken it. Wiljnaldum is at least 3 years younger, ditto for the Polish kid. And both will challange him for p/t -and the former may take his job outright given that he's one of the top propsects in Europe. Generally speaking there are so many talented attacking midfielders out there right now, it's a buyers market.

Who knows, maybe Gerginio will go to Barca. They have no problem playing the kids. I've heard that 17 year-old Israeli kid will be in the rotation this year. Probably Thiago too, if he's still there.

quote:Originally posted by N-A

Pre Season Friendly

Faversham 0 Gillingham 8

Jackson starts the 2nd Half after getting lost en route to Faversham Ground. Scores on 48, 56 and 68 mins to gain a hat trick

lol nice. Is League 2 too low a level for Jackson anyone think? I am thinking League 1/CCC is his level after watching him at the U20 WC.

Two Jamaican NT members play in League 2 so maybe it isn't so bad.

quote:Originally posted by An Observer

another positive article here on Jackson.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1793_3834094,00.html

"He got on the pitch and everyone could see what he has got. He was very confident, he knows where the goal is and to score three goals in 15 minutes is a good achievement. I'm sure we are going to see a hat-trick this season from Jacko."

Archived