Emerald City Seattle F.C.

Luis_Rancagua

If this rumour is correct, I was wondering as to what are your inputs on this logo. Does it suck big time???? Then again, why would Seattle toy with this idea of naming itself from the fictional movie "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz." I never really understood this connection.

On another note, isn't it the mission statement of mostly all MLS clubs to disassociate themselves from anything from the evil/disastrous past of the NASL.

I too prefer the Sounders name. There are a few names that survived the old NASL days with their dignity in tact. Whitecaps, Sounders, and Timbers are included in those. I hope that they all get to continue in MLS in the near future. There are other names, like Blizzard, that may have come out of the NASL relatively unscathed, but were run into the ground in later incarnations. MLS does not need to completely disassociate itself from the NASL, rather just be careful not to emulate the mistakes from the past. As for the speculative name above for the Seattle MLS team, it's not the worst they could have come up with, but I agree that adding Seattle is a bit redundant. Emerald City Football Club is okay, I think. If they insist on making the civic affiliation bluntly obvious, maybe they could go with Emerald City FC of Seattle, with the 'of Seattle' bit getting dropped in all but official circumstances.

I'm pretty sure the new Seattle Team won't have Emerald City Seattle F.C. as their name. There is talk about just using Emerald City FC, but that is already the name of a local amateur club and I doubt they will simply buy the name and use it instead of coming up with their own or using the existing name from the USL. Personally, I think they should stick with Sounders because it let's them retain their history. If I had my way I would go with Seattle City FC or maybe something cool like Northwestern FC or America Pacific FC.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Fort York Redcoat

Because it sounds Bushleague. I got a question. What is the signifigance of Sound in Seattle? Sounders? Supersonics? Emerald city is a proper name and i think they shouldn't have to include the city name in the badge or team name.

My god, if you are completely clueless about the region why not keep quiet and not sound like an ignoramus? Sounders because as mentioned before is on the shores of the puget sound, and Supersonics named because at the time of the club naming Seattle had recently been awarded the contract for developing supersonic planes.

Archived