Canada - Jamaica friendlies announced

jonovision

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

One thing is sure, I'm definitely looking forward to drinking a beer or two (or three) with all you guys at the Pub du Metro, not far from CCR.

Me too. The Pub de Metro meetings are classic, cheap bad tasting Molson's draft beer in a Montreal dive with fellow soccer fans. Somehow in this setting this awful beer actually tastes good. Plus if any of you U-sector automatons want to pick up a 40 year old slightly overweight Montreal woman who probably looked good 15 years ago, Pub de Metro is the place for you!!!!!!![}:)]

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Doesn't this game fall square during the USL playoffs? Maybe that'll restrict some of our local players from getting called.

No, the regular season ends on the following weekend. Both the Impact and Whitecaps have a match on Thursday, August 31 and then are off until Friday, September 8, so that's very convenient. The Lynx have a match on the same day as the Jamaica match, but that shouldn't matter.

quote:Originally posted by Derosario23

I hope that the vast majority of people there will support canada not jaimaica so they will come back :). How many v's will be there to tilt the crowd in canadas favor :)

Between Montreal's Ultras, Toront's U-Sector and whoever else shows up there should be quite a few of us. I can see a section of 75 very loud people quite easily.

More for the years i have supported cananad i have managed to get around 10 people interested so add 10 more because they are coming. Hopefully our numbers will be more than the jaimaicans :)

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

Between Montreal's Ultras, Toront's U-Sector and whoever else shows up there should be quite a few of us. I can see a section of 75 very loud people quite easily.

I'm no Jaques Cousteau, but I don't think Montreal have a "kop" in the English sense of the word. Some grounds in England have them, the most famous being Anfield, that is, the Kop. The Kop also being the generic name of the Liverpool supporters. The small k kop is just the section for the most vocal supporters, usually behind goal.

If there's a Canada southside, why not a Canada kop? I don't care frankly, as I find myself supporting Man City these days. My only hang-up is that I can't imagine a French kop. I guess you could throw a chapeau chinois on the "o" or something. Anyway, bon chance with that.

Archived