Toronto meeting Jan. 22/06 - 2pm @ Duke of York

RS

WHO? Toronto-area Ultras/Voyageurs/CSiders (including Luis Rancagua!)

WHAT? Social gathering/unofficial MLS supporters club meeting

WHEN? Sunday, January 22 at 2:00pm (ET)

WHERE? Duke of York pub

WHY? Further discuss Ultras plans for MLS supporters club, collect monies for Voyageurs/Ultras scarves, and for Sean to explain the CSIDE to the unwashed masses. And for Luis Rancagua to show us youngin's how it's done.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

We are two weeks away from this match and despite the existence of about 5 billion channels that show soccer in North America, there are no signs of any of them carrying an international match between the US & Canada's national men's soccer teams.

I'm wondering if this means a change in date for the meeting to the next day, rather than the night of the game. If we can't watch the game on tv the next best thing is following a match-tracker on the internet (the US will likely have one) and we can't do that in a pub. Well maybe Jarrek could with his fancy internet gizmos, but the screen on his hand-held computer is too small for us all to look at. If we wanted to be silly we could meet at an internet cafe, each wear a Canada jersey, get a separate computer to follow the game on, for no other reason that a great photo opportunity for the front page of this site, but I think most of us would opt not to do that.

Thoughts?

If the game is on in the US, then perhaps we could drive down to Buffalo and watch it at some pub. There are actually some very good spots in Buffalo. The breckenridge comes to mind and serves amazing food. Its also very easy to get to from Canada.

It shouldn't be too hard to organize another car pool by picking a meeting spot in the west end of the city

Does anyone know if the game will be shown to US viewers?

Update: accoding to soccertv.com. no listing exists in Canada or US for the game. oddly Mexico vs Norway is being shown.

quote:Originally posted by Breakwood

;) No excuse, I swear. I'm there if its Friday or Saturday but can't make Sunday. But more importantly im there for a roadtrip to Crotchester.

Good news! My exams have been moved to the friday before, so I will be able to make it on Sunday if we still have it that day.

Hey guys it's great to get together and watch American Football,but is this what we want. I really don't like this game at all,infact I think it sucks. I also became very aware that I was the only one.Been there before.Now about our game,if we are to get together what is the purpose.Are we going to contribute and make some plans, are we going to have an agenda,are we going to formulate some great positive ideas and are we going to be a club with all the trimmings.If we feel that we are the ultimate soccer supporters well let's get properly organized.I know that we have at least two lawyers in our group and that is for starters.I really like to see some exciting and motivating ideas in order for us to promote this game and make it exciting.I strongly believe that is what is needed.

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

im just wondering when did the Ultras change thier name to Csiders? and whats it all about anyways?

No name change.

I just changed the name of the thread to represent the grassroots movement known as the CSIDE! ;)

Archived