Toronto meeting Jan. 22/06 - 2pm @ Duke of York

RS

sorry, i couldn't make it this afternoon. i hope some issues were brought to the table. hopefully, next meeting, i'll be there. btw, did LUIS finally come out of the woodwork??? i'm betting, NO. Anyways, fill us in on any topics discussed or any plans being floated around.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys it looks like I missed nothing. I really believe that we are wasting our precious time in getting together and accomplish nothing at all. Nothing motivating,organized or followed up. If we think we want to contribute well let us find our what we want to change and how we can help change it.An agenda would be a start and this can be done right here.If we don't this thing will disappear. Let us all realize that the support of soccer in this town needs help big time so let us again find out what it takes.I don't want you to think either well this is not that serious,it may well be. Just give it a thought and let us discuss it.I really think it is important.

Think your a bit off John, I think that as we meet and (at least from my part) develop a respect for one another and how each sees the game (and the support thereof), the future possiblities are only enhanced. Don't belittle the power of simple socialization (remember the instict to socialize is the only thing, other than erections, that got us out of the trees (and subsequently kicking balls around) in the first place. In time an 'agenda' will become self eveident....ok I just realized that Rudi has just said the same thing, but way way more efficiently...sorry mate

BTW... can anyone explain (simply please) how to add pictures (from the my picture file) to this board?

Cheers

BTW BTW, I now think that Massive Attack rocks, but the other lad is still a twat (for now)

Cheers again

quote:Originally posted by BusanBhoy

BTW... can anyone explain (simply please) how to add pictures (from the my picture file) to this board?

Cheers...

You need to upload the pics from your comp to an image hosting site, such as http://www.imageshack.us/.

Simply paste the file or url, and click on host it!

It will then give you many options, such as using the exact image:

apkhan3vz.jpg

or using the image as a thumbnail for forums:

apkhan3vz.th.jpg

Once your satisfied with an image, just cut and paste the link and click the image icon above, it will say 'insert image', and paste the link between the 'img' '/img' brackets. Or, you can just type the brackets yourself and paste the link in between.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Hey guys it looks like I missed nothing. I really believe that we are wasting our precious time in getting together and accomplish nothing at all. Nothing motivating,organized or followed up. If we think we want to contribute well let us find our what we want to change and how we can help change it.An agenda would be a start and this can be done right here.If we don't this thing will disappear. Let us all realize that the support of soccer in this town needs help big time so let us again find out what it takes.I don't want you to think either well this is not that serious,it may well be. Just give it a thought and let us discuss it.I really think it is important.

Sorry if we didn't start the Canadian Soccer Liberation Front yesterday. Not many of us have guerilla warfare training.

Sigma, I believe that it is Kirk, replete with girdle, kicking Khan in the ribs. Though to be honest, Khan in action figure form looks like a Paraguayan duct-cleaner.

Doubt it's a piano. Looks more like a high end Electronic Battleship console. The kick to Khan's ribs may have been due to Kirk's suspicions of Khan's cheating at Battleship.

John, you would have loved it. We were bashing certain members of the media the whole night.

There are plans to start up a mailing list, further discussion the approach to MLSE as a supporters group (the moment they have the internal structure in place so we know who to talk to) and a few other general ideas & bits & bobs.

In terms of the next meeting date we were thinking of March 1st for the Austria match, hoping we don't get tv shut out of that one.....but I now see that this is actually a Wednesday. So probably not the best date. However another meeting should still happen around that time, or perhaps we will all just show up at the ground-breaking ceremony (assuming there is one).

Ok guys, I am glad that at least G.L seem to understand and believes in this very being concerned about the media stuff.As a case in point the game between Canada and the US.The coverage was extremely dismal and just about criminal.If some of you guys think that is acceptable so be it, but I don't accept this.That is what it is all about, in my opinion.If anyone disagrees with me let's hear it!

I also can assure you that any player on this team representing Canada is probably totally pi..ss..ed of with this lack of interest.

We did tie this game at their home turf with from what I read their World Cup team and the US I believe is ranked as seventh in the world.

John I think you more concered in supporting Canada rather then the MLS team (Toronto C-Siders ;) ) BusanBhoy mentioned this towards the end for the meeting, are we going to be supporitng canda during these game or stick to more of a club thing. I.e Waving canadian flags all game. Yeah its kool were Canadian we can have the colors there but I think this is a MLS group ( U-Sector, C-Side, North Boys, etc) As for an agenda it was somewhat there. Like it was mentioned alrady, the people I know and have been going to games with over the past few years I have become friends with and I know what to excpect from them and I have ton of respect for everyone in the group be it if they are older then me or even younger I treat everyone the same. I hope that after a few more of these meting and actaul games with the new guys I can have the same trust in them, I would love that because all the guys are great. Being in a group like this means that you know that someone has your back and you have theirs. Other points of the meeting were as followsl: Drinking, eating, common is Sunday afternoon you gotta eat, then Sean apperently explained C-side ( without the migit) then I collected $$$ for the scarves from those who were there ( the rest of you will be informed about payment shortly) Rocekt Robin took some pics which he posted. I dont know I belive we accomplished somethign in this meeting. I have never seen these meetings as a waste of time, anytime you get together witha good group of guys its always great

John, it is nearly impossible to start planning for anything, the mlse hasnt even started planning for there mls team. With no colours, no name, no nothing we have nothing to base our planning on. Sure the media is a key to success for the mls team. But we are not here to make the media cover the mls. Thats the mlse's job and they can do it, they have people getting paid big dollars for that kinda junk.

What we are, are a bunch of friends who all have a passion for soccer, and we like supporting a team. Thats it, we are not a political group. We get drunk, sing and have fun.... if you are looking for somthing more then that, then ya i guess ur looking in the wrong direction.

I would agree with Sean. We really can't start organising anything until there's is something more concrete from the team in terms of organization. I.e, we cannot design scarves, plan tifo or even come up with an "anthem" until the team name and colours are launched. We can't even begin to organise a supporters section without having a stadium plan or even a front office to deal with. So for now, we can only meet and get to know eachother and talk footie. We are simply maintaining interest, and that is a good thing IMO.

Ok guys, I guess we have to consider becoming Canadian soccer supporters in addition to the MLS.This all goes hand in hand and it is all about soccer no matter who the organizing body is.It is this barrier that we have to cross.

I appreciate this getting together stuff and I really like that idea very much,but we could use that time a little bit more productive.

Give it a thought and let us all find out how we can help Canadian soccer right now.

I don't think there is any question that the same group of supporters for the MLS team are going to show up for Canada games that are held there. Its a very obvious point....I guess we just aren't used to having Canada play any games in Toronto anymore(or Canada for that matter).

Archived