Toronto meeting Jan. 22/06 - 2pm @ Duke of York

RS

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by BusanBhoy

On another note. forget them chicago mugs. If you want to aspire to great things as a support. Concider...

http://www.zippyvideos.com/9133701163214726/celtic_keane_display/

Cheers

Great supporter = thousands of Scots pretending they are Irish? I guess they must feel real happy to have an Irish player who couldn't even suppress his ego enough to represent his country with dignity at the last World Cup. And before you ask, I am not a Rangers fan but the hypocrisy of these two clubs really gets me especially Celtic because they try and present themselves as the good guys. In a choice between Protestant Scots who pretend they are Brits and Catholic Scots who pretend they are Irish I would choose the team with Scottish who are happy being Scots and who don't care what religious affiliation anyone else is.

Boring video by the way, if you want to watch a good supporters video watch the lower division Polish ones posted by Polish Lynx fan.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I vote to keep the original time/place, as following a matchtracker on the internet is as useless as reading the final score afterwards, IMO.

But there's no point in meeting at the exact time of the game just to not watch it in a pub. I just can't imagine all of us sitting there twiddling our thumbs wondering what the score is and imagining the game when at the very least we can follow it on-line.

Why not just meet on Saturday night to watch HNIC or much earlier in the day on Sunday when there will be some footy on.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

But there's no point in meeting at the exact time of the game just to not watch it in a pub. I just can't imagine all of us sitting there twiddling our thumbs wondering what the score is and imagining the game when at the very least we can follow it on-line.

Why not just meet on Saturday night to watch HNIC or much earlier in the day on Sunday when there will be some footy on.

Yeah, I agree, we could always watch some hockey on Saturday night, allthough I'd probably have to put up with watching the leafs and listening to Bob Cole and Harry Neal all night [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Great supporter = thousands of Scots pretending they are Irish? I guess they must feel real happy to have an Irish player who couldn't even suppress his ego enough to represent his country with dignity at the last World Cup. And before you ask, I am not a Rangers fan but the hypocrisy of these two clubs really gets me especially Celtic because they try and present themselves as the good guys. In a choice between Protestant Scots who pretend they are Brits and Catholic Scots who pretend they are Irish I would choose the team with Scottish who are happy being Scots and who don't care what religious affiliation anyone else is.

Boring video by the way, if you want to watch a good supporters video watch the lower division Polish ones posted by Polish Lynx fan.

OOOOOOO SNAP 80231051130499.jpg

CSIDERRRRRRRRRSZZZ

quote:Originally posted by john tv

Can somebody explain to me what is going on. Ultras,cside etc. Is this suppose to be a Voyageurs get to gether or what.

OK if you guys are gonna throw this Cside thing arouind please let the rest of us in on the joke otherwise its just not cool. Please be inclusive. Thanks.

I wouldn't let terminology bother anybody - the idea is a get together for Canadian soccer fans & MLS Toronto Supporters, regardless of what cutesy nicknames are around, this weekend. My original idea last month was to hold it this Sunday night and that way we could watch the Canada - US game. My thinking back in December was that since we now have about 5 billion channels that show soccer in North America, one of them would at least show the Canada vs. US game. Of course, that turned out not to be the case (the first US home game that hasn't been televised in 3 years apparently, lucky us), so the question we should be deciding is if and when to switch the time of the get together. I don't see much point in meeting at the exact time the game is going to be played if we can't watch it, I would rather follow the match on the net if I can. Therefore I'm suggesting holding it at a different time during the weekend, or on a different weekend altogether if people want.

BTW... i kno some people have booked hte day off and such so they could come out..... so i think we should go ahead with the gathering. If anyone doesnt want to come thats fine, i dont expect a giant get togeather but i would like to have it at the duke @ GET THIS... 2:00.

Btw what time is the game? we could push the meeting to be a lunch type thing.... so we can get home to track the game online

PEACE

CZIZZZLESIDE + Ultras + NB = SK

Well, i think ur mistaken...... this is an ultras meeting, supporting a club team has nothing to do with the voyaguers.

Im not trying to start trouble... but i just want to let anyone who was mistaken that we are the Toronto Ultras, and we are supporting the mls team. Thats what this meeting is about. And once again everyone is welcome.... please come :)

Refrain from using the Ultras ? You have to be kidding me U-Sector Ultras are and have been part of the toronto soccer scene for a long time now. It not like we are going to change our name just because an MLS team is comin in. I think you should think about what you just wrote. We ( the U-Sector) are organizing this meeting we have and will continue to meet up as we have in the past. We also dont say "NO" to anyone and welcome everyone with open arms, which was evident during the U-Sector christmas meeting which was a U-Sector/Voyagerus outing. The more the better. So to say we should refrain from using the name U-Sector is just crazy.

as for the C-SIDEEEE that just a inside joke between a handfulll of people.

Archived