Toronto-area Voyageurs Get-Together

Gian-Luca

i think 'hate' is too strong of a word, more like 'turned off' thanks in part to NICOLE Spreewell, i mean Hartrell.

All is not well with Nicole Hartrell,

All is not well with Nicole Hartrell.[}:)]

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ach! I have to pull out... something's come up... last minute, and really important.

Alright, I was really looking forward to it though... Hopefully there will be a re-cap of discussion or something of the sort.

And I guess I'll have to wait til next time, I still do want to get involved, so update on the meeting and possible other meetings etc...

And get down to Lynx games, as practise etc...

I'll just have to wait for updates I guess...

looking forward to seeing some old faces and some new ones.

with these new important announcements (which is a FACT now, hehe), i feel like they have injected some much needed life into a struggling soccer scene, here in T.O.

soccer fans are talking about a stade of their own and a top pro soccer team in N.A. to boot ala NASL heydays involving MLSE, which are highly respected in this city.

amongst friends, family, co-workers, clients they are ALL talking about it!! or know about it (very positive feedback), therefore, there is an initial interest.

Q: how do they build upon this now?? in re; to further (respectable) coverage, season tix, loyal fan base, sponsorships, group promotions, ultras/voyageurs, etc, etc.

i guess one step at a time, i'm ready to put my $$$$ on season ducats, the second they go on sale or if they need a committment to start off with.

fellow brethrens, the time is upon us to show what we can do to draw up strong support and represent a viable club. we will see high calibre soccer from the rest of N.A. and int'l ones too. We must create a plan and have some sort of idea for support and the outlets to where we can drum up support.

we need to figure out how we can work together with MLSE but at the same time be fans, supporters, ultras/voyageurs to the game/players and not become slaves to the organization like the Lynx tried pulling off. hassling us from the beginning with LE/security or talking down to us without bringing anything to the table ie; INARIA (if anyone remembers, Jarek, Mirzha) or lets have the fans pick a new logo for the team (you mean marketing group). discovering good new talent and immediately putting them up for a fire-sale (sp?) or outright losing them to something better out there ie; DeRosario, Stalteri, Budalic, Pozniak, Reda.

If the Lynx didn't sever (sp? - sorry i'm to lazy to chk spellchk) ties with quite a few crucial groups and individuals, they would not of had this type of public outcry from us and such a strong move towards MLS. But, how can you pass up a top circuit in N.A., sorry, but aside from the Whinos, LimpAct and the Whiteknobs out west[:P], i think Richmond, Puerto Rico, Syracuse, US Pro 40, LeHigh, Worcester really didn't bring any true excitement. Now, we have the Chicago Fire, L.A.Galaxy, Metrostars, DC United to watch.

Once again, looking forward to seeing many of you and hoping to est. a strong union. ideas are more than welcome but we must be realistic to the growth of the support we administer.

looking forward to seeing some old faces and some new ones.

with these new important announcements (which is a FACT now, hehe), i feel like they have injected some much needed life into a struggling soccer scene, here in T.O.

soccer fans are talking about a stade of their own and a top pro soccer team in N.A. to boot ala NASL heydays involving MLSE, which are highly respected in this city.

amongst friends, family, co-workers, clients they are ALL talking about it!! or know about it (very positive feedback), therefore, there is an initial interest.

Q: how do they build upon this now?? in re; to further (respectable) coverage, season tix, loyal fan base, sponsorships, group promotions, ultras/voyageurs, etc, etc.

i guess one step at a time, i'm ready to put my $$$$ on season ducats, the second they go on sale or if they need a committment to start off with.

fellow brethrens, the time is upon us to show what we can do to draw up strong support and represent a viable club. we will see high calibre soccer from the rest of N.A. and int'l ones too. We must create a plan and have some sort of idea for support and the outlets to where we can drum up support.

we need to figure out how we can work together with MLSE but at the same time be fans, supporters, ultras/voyageurs to the game/players and not become slaves to the organization like the Lynx tried pulling off. hassling us from the beginning with LE/security or talking down to us without bringing anything to the table ie; INARIA (if anyone remembers, Jarek, Mirzha) or lets have the fans pick a new logo for the team (you mean marketing group). discovering good new talent and immediately putting them up for a fire-sale (sp?) or outright losing them to something better out there ie; DeRosario, Stalteri, Budalic, Pozniak, Reda.

If the Lynx didn't sever (sp? - sorry i'm to lazy to chk spellchk) ties with quite a few crucial groups and individuals, they would not of had this type of public outcry from us and such a strong move towards MLS. But, how can you pass up a top circuit in N.A., sorry, but aside from the Whinos, LimpAct and the Whiteknobs out west[:P], i think Richmond, Puerto Rico, Syracuse, US Pro 40, LeHigh, Worcester really didn't bring any true excitement. Now, we have the Chicago Fire, L.A.Galaxy, Metrostars, DC United to watch.

Once again, looking forward to seeing many of you and hoping to est. a strong union. ideas are more than welcome but we must be realistic to the growth of the support we administer.

Well its a shame that a few people couldn't make it in the end, I hope you'll make it next time as there will be another one of these in December. Nevertheless, we still had a great turn-out tonight, and I thought it was great to meet some new people that have been posting on here for awhile that I hadn't met in person before, such as Metro, Real Gooner, sstacko, Rudi and Busan Boy (who I think is probably still there as I type this :) ) (if I've forgotten anybody please forgive me, but there were a lot of people there), some familiar faces that I hadn't seen in a while and of course the rest of the Ultras gang (minus a few notables who weren't in the area or couldn't make it - ).

Loudest cheers of the night of course came during the half-time show when they showed Toronto as getting an expansion franchise and DeRo's amazing free kick goal.

quote:Originally posted by torontosupport

Well, no sign of Luis - but I'll send my Monday morning greetings to all those new faces I met yesterday.

And please forgive anything idiotic I may have said...I'd been touring the pubs since 1pm, you see.

Hey RealGooner: what's your nick on the Arsenal Canada board?

What do you mean NO SIGN OF LUIS. You people have not invited me. Certainly I would have be there for all of you and especially the Blizzard. All I Get from you people is complaints about me

Archived