Stad. Discussion, TO City Council- October 27 On

Guest Dave

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly enough Li Preti is a member of the Ex board of directors which voted unanamously for the project (assuming he attended that meeting). BTW, you have to hear from any one of the Policy and Finance committee members and any of the Ex board municipal members except for Pantalone.

Just chill until a motion is tabled.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Guys, can we quit the panicking? I haven't seen more than 22 people say they would vote against it.

G-l's right, please stop panicking...if Miller and Pantalone weren't confident in the win they wouldn't be disappearing for long stretches. Let's trust their judgment since I assume they have much more experience in the inner working of Council than we do. ;)

8-7 for the good guys, by my count!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This might just have come back from the grave!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAVID MILLER and RAY CHO turned things around with solid speeches!!!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

I can't see many reasons why someone who wanted to kill the deal would vote against deferral... So that's a good sign.

(Anyone else finding the server to be very slow??)

If they sense that they can win this now with the fence sitters rather than let them look into it. As well, if they are against public funds for this now, they will be in two weeks or a month. That's what I meant. :D

quote:Originally posted by Andrew W

Some of the hardcore no's might have voted against the deferral though. They would see no reason to defer when they are steadfast against.

I agree. This is going to be a lot closer than the deferal vote.

Archived