Stad. Discussion, TO City Council- October 27 On

Guest Dave

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by zacRWE

no ones mentioning the boom of womans soccer... possibly the most popular womans sport behind hockey. If MLSE also buys the Lynx, then the Lady Lynx whould also be a tenant at the stadium!

Worldwide, women's soccer is far ahead of hockey. I expect soccer to eventually overtake hocke here too due to the low expense of getting involved and the fact that the price of everything goes up while canadian income sstay the same.[:P]

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

Worldwide, women's soccer is far ahead of hockey. I expect soccer to eventually overtake hocke here too due to the low expense of getting involved and the fact that the price of everything goes up while canadian income sstay the same.[:P]

I ment In Canada, Worldwide there is no doubt that woman soccer is the most popular

- as for MLSE buyingthe Lynx/Lady Lynx, they would use the team as a "farm" team or reserve squad. Therefor there would be a ladder in which players can climb.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

If MLSE bought the Lynx system, then why would they need MLS?

Because playing against DC United and LA Galaxy is favourable to playing against teams that may not even exist next year.

quote:Originally posted by zacRWE

I ment In Canada, Worldwide there is no doubt that woman soccer is the most popular

- as for MLSE buyingthe Lynx/Lady Lynx, they would use the team as a "farm" team or reserve squad. Therefor there would be a ladder in which players can climb.

MLS has it's own reserve system. There'd be no need for a Toronto team to purchase another side to make them reserves.

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

This Del Grande guy is a fooool. Lets make a wanker banner for him :)

Totally.

Seriously Polish LF, I hope that if MLS happens Toronto fans can really outshine all these other American towns. We need to be louder, more creative and have funnier banners than any other city.

Archived