Stad. Discussion, TO City Council- October 27 On

Guest Dave

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this guy just said ppl wont want to take a bus back to anywhere in the GTA back from the game @ 11pm waht is he on. Half the ppl that go to Leaf,jays,argos game use the subway and Go trains. He is like Downsview has parking and the 401 and keel. I honestly think were doomed. Ppl from Hamilton jump on the GO and take 40 minutes and walk out and practically touch the pitch without even pressing the clutch on their cars. People from Whitby/Oshawa can do the same.

I blame this on Miller and Pantalone. They're both not present to fight back. Pantalone apparently on the radio gloating about the win....

LiPreti wants the stadium to be approved, he just wants an extra two weeks to survey the Downsview site. Why wouldent they do this earlier, like back in the day when they were talking about York U!

this is a corousel...

LiPreti: "I dont want to kill a stadium in Toronto."

quote:Originally posted by zacRWE

LiPreti wants the stadium to be approved, he just wants an extra two weeks to survey the Downsview site. Why wouldent they do this earlier, like back in the day when they were talking about York U!

this is a corousel...

LiPreti: "I dont want to kill a stadium in Toronto."

Two weeks?!?

Do these idiots not realize that if they wait two weeks they won't have a stadium?

quote:Originally posted by zacRWE

this is a corousel...

LiPreti "I dont want to kill a stadium in Toronto."

LoPreti realizes his side is going to win, the stadium is toast. Now he's covering his political ass... after the stadium is dead, he wants to be able to claim he didn't want to kill it.t

This is what Im saying, even one day will kill the stadium, come on, swallow the pill, vote yes and lets get the stadium done... The Argos didnt want to go to York because everything is downtown + they got a killer deal to stay in the SkyDome.

quote:Originally posted by Dave

LoPreti realizes his side is going to win, the stadium is toast. Now he's covering his political ass... after the stadium is dead, he wants to be able to claim he didn't want to kill it.t

That is why I would never vote for him.

Luca- Im sweating bullets right now! [xx(]

At least we've all learned why it takes forever for anything to get done at the government level.

These fools know that the stadium is on a tight deadline, and infact should have started construction three months ago. So what do they do? Delay the vote from it's original date and then spend the better part of an evening bickering about it.

Christ on a stick, can we please just get a vote done already?

A problem is Miller and Pantalone, which I'm sure other councillors don't like, have tried to push this through on their own.

Same with MLSE. I'm sure a lot of the councillors have their backs up because they don't like others pushing them around.

Archived