Match Thread: May 18, 2024 - Forge v Vancouver FC

2 hours ago, Big_M said:

surprise surprise only six subs for vancouver with only norman listed as out with injury

If more people bought tickets to their games maybe they could afford to bring more players on the road.

Forge really were out of sorts today and full marks to Vancouver who took advantage of it, Forge were a mess defensively on both goals conceded and really should have done better with their possession, the Vancouver keeper made a couple of game changing saves as well! I didn't think this would be an easy match for Forge and was proven right early on although it looked like if Forge equalized it would be their match to win but stout Vancouver defending and a rather predictable Forge attack allowed them to take their chance on the counter! A lack of experienced striker hurt Forge and I wonder how far ahead Bobby was thinking in resting Hamilton and Choinere with the V's Cup match in Montreal looming? VFC look a good side and I think they will be competitive in most matches this season, they have some depth as well! A glorious day down at THF in the sunshine was only partially ruined by the result, it looked like a decent crowd for a long weekend although I am sure I will read otherwise!😀