Match Thread: October 6, 2023 - Vancouver FC v York United

narduch

5 minutes ago, Big_M said:

abatneh subbed out right before the break...ferrari in

It was Abatneh that was subbed out? I zoned out for a moment and missed who came out and started to think it might have been Martin-Pereux that came out. I thought that was a bad decision (with the amount of reds and injuries U21 players have accumulated this year for the team, I don't want to assume 90 minutes will happen for the other U21 starter). Surprised it was actually Abatneh. Ferrari seemed to be on the left, where Martin-Pereux was. I wish the canpl.ca website would show live updates like substitutes. Can't rewind OneSoccer, can't find the substitutes on the league website, I don't have a twitter account, but York United's twitter feed seems mostly from previous years, no game info.

Just now, Big_M said:

abatneh got hurt...gee was at lb so he probably slides to cb

Cripes. Thanks for confirming. Wheeler just mentioned Gee to CB. I wish I had the numbers for how many times York United started a U21 player and they came out prematurely due to a red or an injury. At least 5 times, maybe more, this season. Otherwise the 2000 minutes would already be done and dusted. Hopefully Martin-Pereux can go long enough so Nash doesn't have to make any subs he doesn't otherwise want to.