Match Thread: April 16, 2023 - York United v Valour

Just now, Soccerpro2 said:

There's a reason has never scores for his club teams.

Niyongabire has made the right pass every time, and created nearly everything Valour have had. The problem is he's passed it to Ohin who has no idea what to do. 

That's a foul and a penalty all day. Not sure how the ref messed it, and neither are the announcers.

1 minute ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Had to use his left foot. This game is a big step down in quality from Forge vs Cavalry. Guess that's the difference between spending at the floor rather than the cap.

On the other hand, this is better football than Pacific and Vancouver.

I don't know anything about the tween with the long name for York but he sure goes down easy.

Edited by jonovision

4 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I don't think that's a real handicap in this league. It will always come down to the willingness to spend.

That's useless if they hire mediocre coaches and sign players looking for a pay day and easy ride. I think most of the league has done ok in general though. I remember thinking Valour were one of the favourites in year one.

Just now, toontownman said:

That's useless if they hire mediocre coaches and sign players looking for a pay day and easy ride. I think most of the league has done ok in general though. I remember thinking Valour were one of the favourites in year one.

Valour have finished 5th the last two years and I'd suggest that well exceeds their standing in the salary table. I don't think PDS is any worse than any other CPL coach at coaching. Recruiting players is different, but guys like Smyrniotis have a huge advantage in that regard for a variety of reasons. 

I too thought Valour would be competitive in year 1, but doing a where-are-they-now of that roster, they were probably worse than their table finish position.