Match Thread: April 16, 2023 - York United v Valour

Hope there's a half decent turn out in York. Seems like the almost sold out ticket master maps were BS a month or so ago.

Very interested to see what York look like with some big additions. While I like to presume valour will stink it up they have done much better than I was expecting the last few seasons.

Something like this?

Williams-Novak-Niyongabire

Gutierrez-Ohin-Campbell

De Brienne-Samake-Pianelli-Baquero

Yesli

I have to imagine Ohin would be the deepest lying midfielder? Can't say I have a lot of confidence in that CB pairing, but it's the first match.

Who is Juan Pablo Sanchez?

Edited by jonovision

6 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

It will be an interesting game, that's for sure. Having Pianelli partner Samake and flanked by de Brienne and Baquero, how they will handle Babouli and De Rosario will be fun to watch. With Ohin playing, I would expect to see de Brienne getting forward regularly and (hopefully) putting in crosses to the attacking players.

It looks like a 4-3-3 with that lineup. Interesting to see Novak start.

Edited by EnigMattic1

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

It will be an interesting game, that's for sure. One would assume that Pianelli will partner Samake and they will be flanked by de Brienne and Baquero. How they will handle Babouli and De Rosario will be fun to watch. If Ohin plays, I would expect to see de Brienne getting forward regularly and (hopefully) putting in crosses to the attacking players.

To answer a few of your questions, De Rosario is not starting so they may not need to handle him. Ohin is in the XI, so we'll see what effect that has.

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

It will be an interesting game, that's for sure. One would assume that Pianelli will partner Samake and they will be flanked by de Brienne and Baquero. How they will handle Babouli and De Rosario will be fun to watch. If Ohin plays, I would expect to see de Brienne getting forward regularly and (hopefully) putting in crosses to the attacking players.

Samake will be partnered with Piannelli or Chandler until AJB returns from his injury. 

2 minutes ago, Big_M said:

should be fun on the valour bench with five spanish speaking players and a two meter giant

Ponce and Rendon were 2 of the 1st re-signings Valour annouced and neither can make the starting 11 in the 1st game of the year :(

8 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

Ponce and Rendon were 2 of the 1st re-signings Valour annouced and neither can make the starting 11 in the 1st game of the year :(

Knowing Valour brass (ie: Wade) one has to imagine the main reason they've kept these two around is that they play for cheap.

Edited by jonovision

14 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Probably right. I'm not sure what changing the coach will do for Valour, though, if they keep only spending the minimum on talent, promotion, infrastructure and blaming the general public they have never bothered to engage with for the club losing money.

Fixed