Vancouver Whitecaps FC MLS Next Pro 2023

Watchmen

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, jordan said:

Finn Linder starting against China U24, Jay Herdman should be on the bench

It will be an interesting line-up tonight, 13 players currently on the roster, Linder and Herdman on international duty.  Most of the MLSNextPro games are on Apple TV except this one.

12 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

It will be an interesting line-up tonight, 13 players currently on the roster, Linder and Herdman on international duty.  Most of the MLSNextPro games are on Apple TV except this one.

Weird it’s not on, the only reason I’m watching right now is cause I thought they all were 

2-1 win for WFC2 over Portland last night. Goals by Kamron Habibullah on a free kick and Antoine Coupland.

Habibullah looked better last night than he did all of last season at Pacific.

It was my first time watching Levonte Johnson and I thought he looked good.

People may debate whether Next Pro or CPL is a better option for players, but one area where there is no debate...CPL has much better production quality on their broadcasts. This was the WFC2 lineup according to MLS:

Screenshot_20230326-195635_YouTube.jpg

13 minutes ago, masster said:

People may debate whether Next Pro or CPL is a better option for players, but one area where there is no debate...CPL has much better production quality on their broadcasts.

Both..we are glad there are both options, along with USL-C etc.  Lets not be a Parrot, more teams, more leagues more chances for young CDN kids eh??  This is me extending an olive branch, CPL supporter, but watch MLS, NextPro, USL-C etc..wherever I can find some CDN's toiling away.  

Where was this Habibullah last year??  Also I thought that #15 N/A looked pretty good and thank god the camera work is better this year, last year was unwatchable.  

4 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Where was this Habibullah last year??

Wonder if it's a case of an attitude adjustment. That after being in the Whitecaps academy and playing at WFC2, he thought he'd be able to just waltz in to Pacific easily, only to find out that wasn't the case. Bit of off seasons soul searching and realization on what it really takes to be a professional.

^ Perhaps...or maybe the level of Next Pro is just inferior to CPL allowing him to shine?

Timbers2 was the last place team in Next Pro last season. I thought they looked quite poor. In my opinion they would easily finish in last place if they were in the CPL.

I'm not going to make any rash conclusions based on one game, but it will be interesting to watch as the season moves on.

Game ends 1-1. Caps win in the shootout with Boehmer stopping 3 shots to redeem himself after his awful gaffe earlier in the game.

I really couldn't understand the Whitecaps coaching in this one. The lineup was effectively a 4-2-4 and there was so much room in the midfield. The Caps were passed through so easily in the first half. Also...just 1 sub made before injury time?

I haven't been impressed with the centre backs or Gloire Amanda. I expected more from somebody coming from the Austrian Bundesliga. 

Lowell Wright showed some signs of life,....Bah was running wild down that right side.  Habibullah and Coupland were linking up nicely....I can see some of those guys getting recalled to the big club and providing help before the year is out.  Have Anchor and Boehmer both been playing??  

Another big performance by WFC2, 4-1 road win over North Texas but 3-0 in the first 20 min. Amanda with his first. Coupland and Johnson linking up nicely. As Bison44 mentioned, there's going to be some call ups from this team at some point.

On 4/3/2023 at 1:15 PM, Bison44 said:

Lowell Wright showed some signs of life,....Bah was running wild down that right side.  Habibullah and Coupland were linking up nicely....I can see some of those guys getting recalled to the big club and providing help before the year is out.  Have Anchor and Boehmer both been playing??  

Lowell Wright was better off staying at York united.....I think he will be lost in NextPro.....I don't think he has had many minutes as of yet ??

Edited by ATM

On 4/17/2023 at 8:02 PM, ATM said:

Lowell Wright was better off staying at York united.....I think he will be lost in NextPro.....I don't think he has had many minutes as of yet ??

2 games, 30 min. Will have to step his game up, as WFC2 isn't having too many problems scoring.

On 4/19/2023 at 11:47 AM, ATM said:

Maybe NextPro is not the right path for young Canadians??

Habibullah, Amanda, Coupland, etc are all getting regular playing time. Ahmed used his strong play last year to get a contract with the Whitecaps this year and is getting regular playing time with the club. Maybe it's not the right path for Wright, but I dont think we can say it's "not the right path for young Canadians".

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Games on now, against Minny 2, 2-1 Van, Johnson and Dasvoic (looks like his dad out there rocking the 80's hair  clip) with the goals.  Caicedo is there as well to get some game time..HEHHEHE.  

And he got it.  PK goal and a nice assist for Johnson's 2nd.  5-2 win for WFC2.  A fun team to watch.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 10:09 AM, masster said:

Game ends 1-1. Caps win in the shootout with Boehmer stopping 3 shots to redeem himself after his awful gaffe earlier in the game.

I really couldn't understand the Whitecaps coaching in this one. The lineup was effectively a 4-2-4 and there was so much room in the midfield. The Caps were passed through so easily in the first half. Also...just 1 sub made before injury time?

I haven't been impressed with the centre backs or Gloire Amanda. I expected more from somebody coming from the Austrian Bundesliga. 

Have you been going to the home matches in person? Considering it myself.