Puerto Rico, Guatemala, Haiti

Pot 4b:

Guyana, El Salvador, Dominican Republic 

My opinion,

Easiest outcome:

Panama, Paraguay, Puerto Rico/Guyana

Hardest outcome:

Mexico, Colombia, Haiti/El Salvador

https://www.concacaf.com/w-gold-cup/news/concacaf-confirms-2024-concacaf-w-gold-cup-participating-women-s-national-teams-and-draw-pots-and-procedures/

⬆️  Draw details have been revealed ⬆️

----

Tickets will be available Friday, December 15th. I hope the CSA has a recommended section or codes @JamboAl

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

14 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

https://www.concacaf.com/w-gold-cup/news/concacaf-confirms-2024-concacaf-w-gold-cup-participating-women-s-national-teams-and-draw-pots-and-procedures/

⬆️  Draw details have been revealed ⬆️

----

Tickets will be available Friday, December 15th. I hope the CSA has a recommended section or codes @JamboAl

I think they will but not sure how many people are attending this so it may be a small number of seats.  Will reach out to my contact next week when things have died down a bit from Tuesday night.

On 11/7/2023 at 3:16 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The draw will be Monday, Dec 11th at 7pm EST/ 4pm Pacific

The draw is tonight:

https://www.concacaf.com/w-gold-cup/videos/2024-concacaf-w-gold-cup-official-draw/

I believe that OneSoccer isn't showing it; the YouTube link above should work.

12 minutes ago, rkomar said:

It's weird to me that Jamaica didn't make the competition.  Did they somehow fall behind the Central American teams that made it?

Yup! The main group of players that played in the WWC were boycotting because they weren't paid. Jamaica had to play with a B squad and crashed out of qualifying. A great opportunity for Panama and Guatemala.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Yeah, probably the strongest Pot 4 team in our group, but we avoided Mexico (I don't know if either Panama or Costa Rica is any better than the other), and according to the Copa America results, Paraguay is the weakest of the Pot 3 teams. Good draw for us.

29 minutes ago, red card said:

A banger in Champions League action. Maybe beats out Lacasse for Canada women goal of the year. Her 14th goal of the year and 5th in UWCL. 

A crucial 1-0 win for Benfica against Frankfurt since Barcelona likely has the top spot in the group locked down. 10.8k watching is largest crowd to watch a Portuguese women side.

What a banger! But the assist was brilliant too. I hope we get to see Alidou play at the Gold Cup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/28/2024 at 10:36 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Costa Rica are training at home and will host the Seattle Reign in a friendly match to prepare:

https://www.fcrf.cr/2024/01/24/femenina-se-fogueara-en-casa-antes-de-copa-oro/

Our group stage rivals are holding camps.

Paraguay:

https://www.apf.org.py/seleccion-absoluta-femenina-5?cid=11&page:3128=2

El Salvador:

https://www.elsalvador.com/deportes/futbol/selecta-seleccion-de-futbol-femenino-el-salvador-/1118807/2024/

El Salvador are slowly improving their player pool and have just recruited a quality USA-dual in Samantha Fisher who plays with Chicago in the NWSL.

Colombia is also holding a training camp:

https://fcf.com.co/2024/01/26/convocatoria-de-la-seleccion-colombia-femenina-de-mayores-para-microciclo-de-trabajo-enero-2024/

There are only seven forwards on the final roster, and it's hard to see who would be replaced by Alidou if she was invited.  There are more deserving players than positions, which is good for the CWNT, but not so good for some players.

In Priestman's presser, she said one of Reid's parents is from Ottawa. She's super passionate about the Canadian connection. We tracked her last year and with our new shape, she could have a bigger place. We have to start planning beyond the Olympics. Megan has certain qualities that remind me a little bit of Vanessa Gilles (believe they played together at ACFC).

Proflle articles say her mother passed away when she was 7 and her father died in 2017. She passed on NWSL draft to train to become a fire fighter as that was the decision made with her father.

Riviere: Our medical teams have been working on info for Jayde to confirm she can be with us.. fingers crossed. There is chance she may not be with us. 

Beckie/Scott: We had to take a bigger picture perspective with both Janine and Desi. Janine has been integrating in with us, but isn't tournament ready yet. This will be Desi's opportunity to integrate.

Rose/Larisey: Both were injured but both have something. When I look at our WC struggles, it was our in-behind play that we lacked. Clarissa with us has always done well, and I'm excited to see her back in. Deanne is gradually getting minutes at club again. 

BSG: I think for Bianca, and I said this to her, it's consistency. She's either going to absolutely change your game...changing clubs, that might help too with whether she's a FB, winger, WB. It's consistency to do the basics well at our level.

On Alidou: Mimi has done really well at Benfica. She's had some great performances. I obviously watched her against Barcelona. I have an agreement with Mimi she needs to be assessed in the position she plays at club.  In the 23 players, there's a lot of players in that sort of front 3 positions. I think Mimi's been in with us regularly in the midfield and she did a great job for us. If we get one injury, she's in this squad. I think there's a reality in the way that we're playing in the midfield and what we need. It's different that maybe what Mimi brings when she is looked at as an midfielder. So, I think it's just the overall frontline depth and what she's doing versus the players that we have in. If she comes in with us, it's going to be in the frontline with a backup role of midfield.

Priestman could have easily slotted Alidou as a forward for Canada as she has been in better form this season than all of them ex Viens and Lacasse where it can be said they could be on par. But as seen with Lacasse, Priestman seems to take a go slow approach in integrating late bloomers while the top young players are fast forwarded to senior team camps. Priestman could have also dropped one of 8 backline players selected like Carle for Alidou.

Arrival Times: 14 players out-of-season like NWSL will participate in pre-camp Feb 12-18. Players in Europe will arrive closer towards the start of the W Gold Cup Feb 18-19.

Edited by red card