Serie A..

gigi riva

On 2/17/2023 at 8:37 PM, RJB said:

What is their spending like?  I know they have been pretty good for a while, but I don't recall them making big purchases, and have made some sales in the meantime. 

Osimhen was their big buy a few years back. That was a club record fee.

Besides that, most of their purchases are 20m Euros and under.

On 2/19/2023 at 2:00 PM, gigi riva said:

Napoli has done it right. They Sold high and re invested  wisely and now its paying divedens

I disagree. They haven't sold high at all.

If you look at the departures from this summer, Koulibaly and Fabian Ruiz were sold for well below the height of their market price. Mertens, Insigne and Ospina all left on free transfers.

Even in past years, players like Allan and Manolas left for figures lower than what Napoli could have received a year or 2 earlier. They even sabotaged Milik's value by freezing him out of the squad.

So this Napoli renaissance has not happened because they sold well or sold high. It is almost as if they stumbled upon this success by chance because they were forced to cut their wage bill. Young players like Osimhen,  Kvaradona and Kim were given the chance and are developing into real superstars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 10:31 PM, gigi riva said:

3 teams in the Quarters . well done Serie  A 

Not just 3 teams left in the Champions League, but a total of 6 teams in the Quarterfinals of all the European Cups...more than any other country.

Good thing too, because they really need the prize money.

On 3/17/2023 at 12:12 PM, masster said:

Not just 3 teams left in the Champions League, but a total of 6 teams in the Quarterfinals of all the European Cups...more than any other country.

Good thing too, because they really need the prize money.

damned right they need need the extra cash 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, masster said:

Disappointing that there is no legal way to watch the Coppa Italia semifinals in Canada.

I kind of miss the days of the old TLN and when they would show a lot of not just Games but some of the  programs liek Domenica Sportiva and I believe 90 minuto 

• 4 weeks later...

In todays  CL Semi final first leg  or the Milan Derby if you want to be more specific it was so cool to see in both teams starting 11  having 7 I talian born players on . 5 for Inter  and 2  for Milan . Maybe we are seeing a mini  revival of both Serie A and Italian Calcio before our eyes . How in the hell did Napoli loose to Milan in the Quarters . Domani   Forza Fiorentina vs Basel .