Serie A..

gigi riva

I a m hoping to discuss with my fellow Voyaguers  to discuss thhe Serie A season . Any Voyaguers who enjoy  The Italian Serie A  pleaes post here . 

This opening Weekend  the two games I was able to watch  Lazio v Bologna and My club Fiorentina v Cremonese   both were very well played high energy games itj a lot of drama . No wonder some Italian teams dont fair well in European Play I think they waste all there energy on there domestic games 

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia looks like the real deal! I was really worried that Napoli would take a big step backwards after all of their turnover, but they look great so far. I'm a bit worried about their midfield when they come up against some tougher competition, but hopefully Ndombele can regain his form from a few seasons ago.

I'm excited to watch them against Fiorentina this weekend. The Viola have not been very convincing so far this season. I'm scared about their second leg conference league playoff match.

Match of the week is Juventus v Roma. The injuries to Zaniolo and Wijnaldum put a bit of a damper on this, but with Juve missing Pogba, Di Maria and Chiesa, they can't complain for this match.

Lazio v Inter should be a good one too.

5 hours ago, masster said:

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia looks like the real deal! I was really worried that Napoli would take a big step backwards after all of their turnover, but they look great so far. I'm a bit worried about their midfield when they come up against some tougher competition, but hopefully Ndombele can regain his form from a few seasons ago.

I'm excited to watch them against Fiorentina this weekend. The Viola have not been very convincing so far this season. I'm scared about their second leg conference league playoff match.

Match of the week is Juventus v Roma. The injuries to Zaniolo and Wijnaldum put a bit of a damper on this, but with Juve missing Pogba, Di Maria and Chiesa, they can't complain for this match.

Lazio v Inter should be a good one too.

Zaniolo has got to be the unluckiest player in Serie A

Atalanta at the top of the table after 5 matches is great to see. I don't expect it to continue though. They have had a lot of turnover and I don't think they are as strong as the squad that made a run in the Champions League a couple of years ago. 

Mixed results for Italian teams in Europe this weekend. Napoli and Lazio looked great. Inter were quite poor. Fiorentina are toothless! So anemic in attack.

No real mouth watering matches this weekend. I'm curious to see how Bologna perform after the manager change. Also, will be interesting to see if Inter can turn things around against a Torino side that is performing above expectations. Simone Inzaghi could be on the chopping block if they don't get a convincing win in this match. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, RJB said:

What is their spending like?  I know they have been pretty good for a while, but I don't recall them making big purchases, and have made some sales in the meantime. 

They have sold a few players like Merttans and Insigne, But they did buy Osiman last year for not a great price, plus the Georgian (I cant spell his name) I believe they got for a bargain.

6 hours ago, gigi riva said:

They have sold a few players like Merttans and Insigne, But they did buy Osiman last year for not a great price, plus the Georgian (I cant spell his name) I believe they got for a bargain.

Osimenh isn't really a new buy. When Lille sold him to Napoli they brought in David as his replacement 

On 2/14/2023 at 10:18 PM, gigi riva said:

Could Napoli be the best team in Europe right now , I think they might be, and yet nobody is talking about them. I am glaad to see Spalletti getting his just reward after all these years .  

No doubt they are playing some great football. In fact, in Serie A history, only 2 teams have ever had more points than them after 22 games. I think a lot of that has to do with the lowering quality of the rest of the league however. So while I would definitely put them among the top 10 in Europe, I think they are still 1 rung below the true big clubs of World football: Real Madrid, Bayern, Man City, etc.

I am very curious to watch them against Frankfurt today.