Match Thread: May 28, 2022 - Pacific v Valour

I love Gutierrez and his constant anger. Also I’ll take a draw with Pacific considering even if the result was disappointing. 

I would also really like to get to the point that a draw against Pacific is good. 

Edit: I’m also pretty sure we have a pretty good chance to win that with AJB. Please come back soon. 

Edited by Wippersuna

36 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Valour's lack of depth really shows in the second half of matches. Other teams can bring on difference makers. Valour simply only have 11 or decent guys. No surprise given the spending gap.

I didn’t realize there was a spending gap.  Valour is under the cap?

Just now, Lurker said:

I didn’t realize there was a spending gap.  Valour is under the cap?

Their financials have come out at least once as required due to the public ownership of the Blue Bombers. They under-spent the player budget by a fair margin. And you also only need to look at the roster this year that still isn't filled over a quarter of the way into the season.

No attendance update last week AFAIA so will be interesting to see whether the league releases any info this week or has stopped doing that. There was a theory on this mentioned by the would be second division people that weekend fixture dates can be problematic in western Canada once you start moving into the summer months because a lot of people prefer to be doing outdoors activities on weekends at that time of year.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

I think they announced ~3000, so not great. It was the 3rd home game in a week though, and 4th in 2 weeks. They always seem to schedule it this way, and attendance always slumps towards the end of a home stand. I can't get people to go twice in a week, let alone 3 times. Overall though, they've seriously failed to capitalize on our championship win. Canceled parade, no celebration, next to no marketing etc. I'm crossing my fingers for new, local ownership considering the Vancouver focus of this one. I think these guys are so, so lucky to have Langford backing them.

20 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

No attendance update last week AFAIA so will be interesting to see whether the league releases any info this week or has stopped doing that. There was a theory on this mentioned by the would be second division people that weekend fixture dates can be problematic in western Canada once you start moving into the summer months because a lot of people prefer to be doing outdoors activities on weekends at that time of year.

Quickest & best at casting dispersions on the CPL. 

Edited by red card