Match Thread: CONCACAF Champions League - Quarter-Finals - Leg 1: Cruz Azul (Mexico) v CF Montreal - March 9, 2022

Not sure what Wheeler should be doing, celebrating?  (Ha!  Maybe he is in a way). 

Montreal flat footed and confused.  Does anyone on that team have a clue what the teammate beside him is going to do at any given time?  Unless the answer is "nothing useful" I'd say no.  

38 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Huge save by Breza.

I see still no Piette, which could leave the Nats a little thin in central midfield by the end of the month if Atiba has not recovered from his thigh injury as well.

Piette and Eustaquio both were unavailable for 2 of the 3 matches last window, so we wouldn't be in a much worse spot this time. 

3 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Not sure what Wheeler should be doing, celebrating?  (Ha!  Maybe he is in a way). 

Montreal flat footed and confused.  Does anyone on that team have a clue what the teammate beside him is going to do at any given time?  Unless the answer is "nothing useful" I'd say no.  

The left side of defense is a mess, but the rest of the team seemed to get a bit more organized towards the end of the half. Montreal is without their top 3 strikers, a key wide player, an important defensive midfielder, and their best CB. I honestly think they've done ok.

Missed about the first half hour of the game but Montreal definitely seemed to continue getting better as the game went on.  They are still fortunate that CA couldn’t finish their chances though or this one could be a pretty different situation heading back to Saputo.  Still in the tie though and they hav already shown that they can be a very different team at home.  All in all, a 1-0 away loss in Mexico is probably not bad in the grand scheme of things.