Match Thread: August 28, 2021 - Forge v York United

narduch

That first half was scorching hot. Cooled off a bit for the second half, but I can't imagine that the weather helped attendance.

Pacius is fitting in really well. Choiniere always has his most impactful games when he's used as a late half sub. That last goal he put in was gorgeous. 

Hopefully the injuries weren't too serious, Forge can't afford to lose another guy.

7 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I’m curious what the overall record is between Ontario teams. It seem Ottawa and York are well behind Hamilton from an outsiders and I don’t really know why  

Within Just Ontario

Forge: 4 - 1 - 0
York: 1 - 2 - 1
Atletico: 0 - 2 - 1

As far as why, Ottawa simply hasn't found a stride this season, and York needs something, what that is I think it a quality goal scorer as their defense seems to have been harder to break down. 

Also, you know, Forge were champs for a reason and have suffered very little player loss.

Fun day out barring the scorching hot sun. It was way worse in Hamilton than at home in Oakville. Me and the group had fun signing OHL reject to Borges to the tune of Hey Jude and I got the speaker guys wound up by telling them Forge were nobodies.

Anyways, York United won't get near Toronto FC with forwards like Rivero, Ramirez or Gutierrez. I think Lowell is capable but that's it.