[2021 Season] Première Ligue de Soccer du Québec

CPLinsider

With today's news of Royal Sélect Beauport entering both men's and women's teams into PLSQ for 2021, I figured I'd start a thread.

Both divisions now have 10 teams as follows:

Men's Division

• A.S. Blainville
  • Celtix du Haut-Richelieu
  • CS Fabrose
  • CS Longueuil
  • CS Mont-Royal Outremont
  • CS Monteuil
  • CS St-Hubert
  • FC Lanaudière
  • Ottawa South United
  • Royal Sélect Beauport

Women's Division

• A.S. Blainville
  • AS Pierrefonds
  • Celtix du Haut-Richelieu
  • CS Fabrose
  • CS Longueuil
  • CS Mont-Royal Outremont
  • CS Monteuil
  • CS St-Hubert
  • Ottawa South United
  • Royal Sélect Beauport

Nice to see a perennial Challenge Trophy contender in Royal Sélect Beauport elevate themselves to Div III status.

Great to see that both divisions have more teams than ever!

And it looks like this new team, Royal Sélect Beauport is a Quebec City team? Nice to have more geographical footprint than just Montreal and Ottawa! I'm pretty sure the other teams are all around those 2 cities but I could be wrong.

36 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

PLSQ struggled to keep 6 to 8 teams for awhile nice to see them get to 10.  Would love to see Trois Rivieres get a team.  They had good attendance when the Attak played there.

Does Impact CF Montreal still have a reserve squad? Would be nice to have them resurrect a team in Trois Rivieres.

Edited by CPLinsider
Club de Foot

22 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

PLSQ struggled to keep 6 to 8 teams for awhile nice to see them get to 10.  Would love to see Trois Rivieres get a team.  They had good attendance when the Attak played there.

or even if attak could have a spot in CanPL

1 hour ago, Dicdan said:

or even if attak could have a spot in CanPL

If they're unaffiliated with our Club de Foot friends, then maybe. I imagine a "CF Trois-Rivières" could find itself in PLSQ and a Laval team would be more likely to end up in CPL or CPL2.

Speaking of Laval, weren't CS Fabrose merging with some clubs this year to become CS Laval-Ouest?

On 2/10/2021 at 12:39 PM, CPLinsider said:

If they're unaffiliated with our Club de Foot friends, then maybe. I imagine a "CF Trois-Rivières" could find itself in PLSQ and a Laval team would be more likely to end up in CPL or CPL2.

Speaking of Laval, weren't CS Fabrose merging with some clubs this year to become CS Laval-Ouest?

They were/are with CS Chomedey and Delta Laval. Link. Although it appears they decided to name the club FC Laval CDF (Chomedey Delta Fabrose) instead of Laval-Ouest. Here is their Facebook and Instagram, but the links to their "official website" don't work. They keep posting about their hiring of people, so my best guess is maybe the three clubs will continue to operate separately, until the administrative positions are all filled and in place and then they'll finally launch a united club.

Also AS Pierrefonds (in the women's PLSQ) are supposed to merge with Dollard CS to form Force FC.

https://www.thesuburban.com/sports/pierrefonds-and-dollard-soccer-become-a-force-on-the-field/article_f2a7b6e5-cd51-5f97-affe-e230fa25ece8.html

FC Gatineau is also working on a merger. Maybe that can help lead them back into the PLSQ. https://www.ledroit.com/actualites/covid-19/projet-de-fusion-pour-le-soccer-en-outaouais-2b0fd171bd110f4c12054c11a07f455a They left the PLSQ because of a lack of sponsorship and the PLSQ didn't want them to charge their player to play (I guess it's not semi-pro if you're paying to play). Maybe if a bunch of Gatineau clubs merge it would help for sponsorship http://justesoccer.com/quebec/plsq/le-fc-gatineau-quitte-la-plsq-pour-lontario/

Edited by rydermike

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 10:38 AM, Dicdan said:

ASB, les griffons, Celtix, OSU and now, Royal! looks like we will have a strong saison

Not sure how strong OSU will be. They've historically been bottom of the table in L1O. They battled with Blainville and ended up 2nd in the 2020, but their team was boosted by COVID. They said most of the 2020 team was filled with guys who would've gone to USL-League Two or other L1O/PLSQ teams, but because of COVID ended up playing for OSU 

http://plsq.ca/actualites/las-blainville-champion-dun-court-championnat-encore-plus-court-que-prevu

Edited by rydermike

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Female division is set up for a wild finish. Nine game season.

Currently 

1) Monteuil 18 Points +15 GD (8 Games)

2) Beauport 18 Points +12 (8 Games)

3) Blainville 16 Points +14 (7 Games)

4) Pierrefonds 16 Points +9 (7 Games)

Blainville and Pierrefonds are playing today in what could be the most important game of the season. Win and you have full control heading into the final matchday with 19 points to win the title. Lose or draw and you need a lot of luck. All of those teams will play lower table teams in the final match this weekend, so they should all theoretically win, so it could come down to a battle of Goal Difference in the end

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...