Match Thread: June 4th, 2019 Forge vs Cavalry (Voyageurs Cup 1st leg)

Yeah, there was a lot of diving by Cavalry as I saw it that the ref rewarded. Escalante should receive a game for how blatant his were.

As far as the high boot, that should have been called, and the game ended there.

As far as the card on the goalie, it should have been a yellow, but was a penalty kick, all day.

Too many mistakes from the ref in my eyes, who should be made to sit out the rest of the V-Cup for his performance. 

Maybe I have my team colored glasses on, but that's how I saw it.

Edited by -Hammer-

On the replays it was hard to see if the high boot was an issue or if he pulled out at the right time.  I took it as fairly telling that Bekker didn't pull back - usually if there is a boot actually in your face when trying to head the ball, there is an obvious reaction even if there is no contact.  To me, that suggests that while the foot was high, the player pulled out of the kick early enough that the ref didn't feel the need to stop the play. 

Why don't we hear what was said?  I have a real problem with people making serious accusations and providing zero details.  

I don't think players would make that up but I also can't imagine a coach, within earshot of the half dozen black players on his own team, saying something racist - this is a strange one.  If something racist was indeed said then someone needs to provide details so we can get to the bottom of this and sort it out.

14 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Why don't we hear what was said?  I have a real problem with people making serious accusations and providing zero details.  

I don't think players would make that up but I also can't imagine a coach, within earshot of the half dozen black players on his own team, saying something racist - this is a strange one.  If something racist was indeed said then someone needs to provide details so we can get to the bottom of this and sort it out.

That's the part that just doesn't make sense to me, I don't think his own players would tolerate that!

On 6/6/2019 at 4:35 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Agree the borderline dangerous play thing on Becker at the top of the box looked like a possible way to end the game if it had already run over, but once he gave the penalty it had to be a red because Roberts was last man and took away what was not much more than a tap into an open goal. 

The correct decision on the penalty call would have been a yellow card. For it to be correctly called a red card offence, the referee would have had to determine both that the GK was not attempting to play the ball on the play and that none of the three remaining defenders within a yard of the ball could have possibly made a successful intervention.

Based on two viewings of the highlights package, I have to question this particular referee's competence for the job.