Elliot Simmons

Jith12

20 year old DM born in Luton, England currently on loan at Mikkelin in the Finnish third tier from Dalkurd FF in the Swedish first tier. According to TransferMarkt he has played for Ottawa Fury, MK Dons and Malaga at the youth level. Apparently he can also play LB and CM, also according to TransferMarkt. He was called to a U18 camp under Rob Gale in 2015 and again for the U20s in 2017. Also has 5 caps for the "England U18 Schoolboys".

Here is a highlight video from 2017 when he was with Dalkurd U19s and U20s:

New highlight video from this season:

Edited by Jith12
Added new highlight video

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, The Real Marc said:

From CanPL to tier two eastern Europe? Yikes

Probably the same level as the CPL for what it is worth. The money could be better in Slovakia and the cost of living is lower. Also less travel ;)

A Slovak person might say the opposite if a player went the other way. From the Slovak 2nd tier to the CPL, ouch! 

I have watched matches in both leagues. Nothing wrong with the Slovak 2nd tier for a young player.

Edited by Buchta

49 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

No, it’s a bias against tier two football in already small, marginal leagues for guys that are supposed be our prospects.

Small, marginal league? Clubs in the Slovak 2nd tier have training/matches 10 months a year. What about the clubs in the CPL? Which environment is better? The CPL is only a year old. Give it some time to build.

For now, there is nothing wrong with giving it a go in Slovakia. Life in a different country, and a different style of footbal. These things cannot hurt a young player.

Edited by Buchta

They play ten months a year. Jeepers. That's quite the low bar but if that's good enough for you, then cool. It's not for me, at least not for the guys we thought were going to have a big role to play in the Nats setup in the future. I'm not making a comment on the CPL. I'm making a comment on his career trajectory.

If you wanna see the world soccer is a great way to do it. I have nothing but jealousy if these guys have both the talent to catch on with a semi pro club and the foresight to decide that in a short career they'd rather spend a season making peanuts in Drogheda or Bratislava over a summer making peanuts in Winnipeg or Halifax. Go for it! That's adventure that most of us don't get.

But let's not pretend that this is an upwards move, a high level for development, or a sign of a progressive career for a 21 year old whose previous club career has been being released by the worst team in the CPL, riding the pine in Sweden tier two and featuring in half of the games in a regional Finnish third division season.

The question is, is he going over there because that club is a better opportunity than CPL, or because CPL is no longer an opportunity for him?