Duane Rollins Fantasy League

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

My team (North York) is hilarious. Maybe the best offence in the league but also the worst defence. Booted out of the Voyageur's Cup in a 4-8 loss against Regina after winning the first leg 4 - 2 lol. 

That was a crazy game, but I can't find the video highlights online :)

Seriously though, after the first leg I did not expect to move on.

On 5/24/2017 at 1:13 PM, Rintaran said:

Now that looked like a challenging series of matches. Just barely squeaked out the lead for Porcupine in that 1st leg. On the bright side, we were on the road, so hopefully with the 2nd leg at home we can squeak out a win, or at least keep Summerside from going too many away goals.

I like how only 1 match was a "blow-out", and even then, not by a huge margin. Far more competitive as we work through these QFs.

I like to think that some of the shooting re-programming plays into that as well.

11 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

My team (North York) is hilarious. Maybe the best offence in the league but also the worst defence. Booted out of the Voyageur's Cup in a 4-8 loss against Regina after winning the first leg 4 - 2 lol. 

I've gone through my program so many times on account of your team it isn't funny.

8 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

That was a crazy game, but I can't find the video highlights online :)

Seriously though, after the first leg I did not expect to move on.

I expect that was the RNG smiling upon you.  North York tended to have a lot of variability in their results, but tended to come out ahead most times.

Matchday Six (May 27, 2017)
Current Standings (spoilers!)

Canada West
Red Star Red Deer @ Saskatoon Athletic FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
AFC Medicine Hat Mad Hatters FC @ Trail & Castlegar FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Nanaimo Barre FC @ Inter Regina (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Ontario West
Binbrook Buccaneers @ London Knights FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Windsor Rum Runners @ SC Chatham Corn Stars (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Breithaupt Park AC @ Farmers FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Ontario East
Scarborough FC @ Racing Club de Espanola (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

D.R. Legion FC @ York Lions FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Porcupine Gold Rush FC @ North York (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Canada East
Borussia MonctonGladbach @ Summerside Argus FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

EXPAT FC @ Hans Island (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Winnipeg Wanderers @ AS Sherbrooke Estrie (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Lucky tied teams are Windsor and North York.  Lucky loser is Espanola.

Wow. A tie on matchday 6, but I still managed to take out Summerside Argus in the V-Cup despite forgetting to update my match information. I actually thought that I might be eliminated this round.

On the flip side, congratulations to Beaverton FC! Ontario East makes up 1/2 of the semi-final teams!

@Gopherbashi Porcupine Gold Rush FC was set to go up against Espanola on June 6th. Does this mean that match is rescheduled as I go into the V-Cup semifinals? Or does the V-Cup match happen on a different day?

1 hour ago, Rintaran said:

Wow. A tie on matchday 6, but I still managed to take out Summerside Argus in the V-Cup despite forgetting to update my match information. I actually thought that I might be eliminated this round.

On the flip side, congratulations to Beaverton FC! Ontario East makes up 1/2 of the semi-final teams!

@Gopherbashi Porcupine Gold Rush FC was set to go up against Espanola on June 6th. Does this mean that match is rescheduled as I go into the V-Cup semifinals? Or does the V-Cup match happen on a different day?

This makes me better (not by much) about getting demolished in the Division.

3 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:

Voyageurs Cup - Quarterfinals (Second Leg)
Tournament Bracket (Spoilers!)

Inter Regina @ Vancouver Whitecaps (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Beaverton FC @ Toronto FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Summerside Argus FC @ Porcupine Gold Rush FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Hobema Hosers @ Expat FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Blargh!!

Well at least one crew did their work and knocked out TFC. 

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Wow. I cannot believe it. How the hell did I knock out TFC? Now all I have to do is beat Vancouver in the semis. What a season for Beaverton so far!

I was thoroughly interested after the original 0-0 draw how you'd do in this game, so I ran test 5 matches last week because I was impatient.  You won 3, lost 1, and I think won the 5th on away goals.

So I'm guessing you were actually unlucky in the first leg as opposed to lucky in this one.

2 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

Expat FC's dream cup run finally comes to an end.

Sorry dude but going down 0-3 in the first leg with no away goals is a huge mountain to climb. Nice try as you got it back to 2-3 but our away goal sealed it.

I feel really bad for Summerside on that 4th goal - that 29 yard blast by Porc only had a 46% chance of hitting the target, an 80% chance of that on-target chance not being blocked, and only a 5.6% chance of that on-target non-blocked shot actually going in the net.  I think that all adds up to about 2% overall.

Hobema's lone goal only had a 19% chance of finding the back of the net once on net.

Matchday Seven (June 3, 2017)
Current Standings (spoilers!)

Canada West
Red Star Red Deer @ Hobema Hosers (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
AFC Medicine Hat Mad Hatters FC @ Saskatoon Athletic FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Nanaimo Barre FC @ Trail & Castlegar FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Ontario West
Binbrook Buccaneers @ Hamilton Steelers FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Windsor Rum Runners @ London Knights FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Breithaupt Park AC @ SC Chatham Corn Stars (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Ontario East
Scarborough FC @ Beaverton FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
D.R. Legion FC @ Racing Club de Espanola (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Porcupine Gold Rush FC @ York Lions FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Canada East
Borussia MonctonGladbach @ Halifax Wanderers FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
EXPAT FC @ Summerside Argus FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Winnipeg Wanderers @ Hans Island (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Lucky tied teams are Nanaimo, Hamilton, and Moncton.  Lucky loser is Breithaupt.

Alright, so the season's half done, and I want to make a couple of announcements.

First; the season structure.  The fall phase of the season will have a First Division of eight teams (the top two from each current group), and two Second Divisions also of eight teams - I'm going to cull a few abandoned teams after the spring phase is done to make the numbers work.  The league champion will be whichever First Division team has the most points at the end of the year (combined between spring and fall phases).  They will receive the Montagliani Trophy as League Champion (thanks to Guillermo for the design).

drfl_monty.png.2dad41ab47ce109f0156e39c07285e33.png

Second; I want everyone who ends up in the Second Division to have something to still play for, so we're going to have a secondary, end-of-year cup tournament - this will be open to all eight First Division teams, as well as the top four Second Division teams (once again, by combined points, so points right now matter too!).  The winner of this tournament will receive the Paul Beirne Challenge Cup as Cup Champion.

drfl_beirne_flare.thumb.png.5ac9b52fb63e446d4c9f52245ab3c267.png

Third; I've recalculated the average skill points throughout the league - it's in spoilers below.  If you want to adjust your team's stats - I'm giving everyone a one-time pass to make whatever changes they want... additions, subtractions, whatever - just let me know next time you change your stats or tactics.  Your total skill points are in brackets on the standings page.

Power: 8.0

Aim: 9.7
Header: 6.4
Offensive Offside: 6.4
Pass: 9.1
Dribble: 7.5
Lead: 7.4
Shield: 6.6
Mark: 7.9
Challenge: 7.4
Intercept: 8.2
Tackle: 7.1
Block: 7.6
Save: 8.6
Clear: 7.5
Defensive Offside: 6.6

Fourth; I'm going to make some slight adjustments before next week on two fronts - making negative offensive pressure tactics give some better defensive bonuses (that setting is really hurting some people right now, and I want it to be an option), as well as adding a mild inactivity penalty for those who have abandoned their teams (it'll probably kick in after three matches).  Now is an ideal time so everyone faces all other teams once with whatever changes I make (they shouldn't be excessively drastic).  If there are additions or clarifications you want, now is a good time for that.

Fifth; if you don't currently have a team and you want one, send me a PM and we can find one for you.

Archived