Duane Rollins Fantasy League

2 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

When does the fall phase start? I haven't lost a match yet but am out of the top two in goal difference. Hope I can make it to the first division. 

Spring phase ends after 12 games, so mid-July I think.

2 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Also, when in the next round of the Voyageurs Cup?

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me!

MIDWEEK GAME REMINDER

The next round of matches are scheduled for midweek - let's say Tuesday.  Since V Cup Semis are also happening the same day, the following league games will be bumped until later:

Hobema Hosers @ AFC Medicine Hat Mad Hatters FC
Beaverton FC @ D.R. Legion FC

Racing Club de Espanola @ Porcupine Gold Rush FC

Everything else is as scheduled.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:

MIDWEEK GAME REMINDER

The next round of matches are scheduled for midweek - let's say Tuesday.  Since V Cup Semis are also happening the same day, the following league games will be bumped until later:

Hobema Hosers @ AFC Medicine Hat Mad Hatters FC
Beaverton FC @ D.R. Legion FC

Racing Club de Espanola @ Porcupine Gold Rush FC

Everything else is as scheduled.

Thanks for this. If I recall, the rescheduled matches are on Sunday?

I'm loving that there are some sweet logos for Montagliani & Bierne Champions. By my read, that means it is possible for a team to win a treble? That would be pretty sweet.

Porcupine Gold Rush FC has done fantastic so far against the other teams in Ontario East, but I think it's going to be a lot tighter against the top-teams from the other divisions. Especially given how tight the match was against Summerside Argus FC, and what I'm expecting against Hobema Hosers this week.

I'm still waiting on @GuillermoDelQuarto to give a second shot at a crest so I can get a jersey done up. Definitely a silly way to spend my money, but I think it'll be fun to have. Have you given any thought to running this again next year now that it's pretty well hammered out?

Porcupine Gold Rush FC @ York Lions FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Just wanted to note that with this past match, my #9 Alexander Losier has scored his 20th goal (or more since the 1st match didn't have player's names), my #6 Chad Ringstead has his 12th, and my #11 Justin Renaud has his 7th.

Those are the top-3 scorers for Porcupine Gold Rush FC.

Voyageurs Cup - Semifinals (First Leg)
Tournament Bracket (spoilers!)

Vancouver Whitecaps @ Beaverton FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Porcupine Gold Rush FC @ Hobema Hosers (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Matchday Eight (June 6, 2017)
Current Standings (spoilers!)

Canada West
Saskatoon Athletic FC @ Nanaimo Barre FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Trail & Castlegar FC @ Inter Regina (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Ontario West
Hamilton Steelers FC @ Windsor Rum Runners (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
London Knights FC @ Breithaupt Park AC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
SC Chatham Corn Stars @ Farmers FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Ontario East
York Lions FC @ North York FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Canada East
Halifax Wanderers FC @ EXPAT FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Summerside Argus FC @ Winnipeg Wanderers (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Hans Island @ AS Sherbrooke Estrie (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Lucky tied team is Farmers.  Lucky loser is Breithaupt.

Made a number of changes to the program this week.  Sadly it seemed to bring down the shot totals in some cases.  Might have to make some further adjustments.

I decided not to include an inactivity penalty, but instead increased the benefit from guessing your opponent's formation.  Hopefully it accomplishes the same thing.

I also added a "breakthrough" event; in essence simulating a breakthrough through a defensive line that gives a bonus to forward movement and success for the next couple of plays (shot-blocking is also decreased).  The likelihood of this occurring depends on defensive pressure, forward ball movement, as well as offside skill and strategy for both offensive and defensive sides.  A more risky (positive number) offside strategy increases the odds of a breakthrough.  I've also added a "silent breakthrough" when a high-pressure offense loses the ball which won't appear in the output but has the same effect.

To counter this offensive benefit, I've increased the frequency of offsides - this likelihood is largely based on the same variables (though weighted differently).

Offensive pressure (for both attacking and defending sides) has been adjusted - a high-pressure offensive shouldn't be able to defend as well going the other way.

Made some other small adjustments for blocked and saved shots - recovery by offense should be a bit more common now.

Wow. That's Porcupine's first time down after 90 minutes. Congratulations to Hobema, as that doesn't seem to be an easy feat.

I really look forward to the return leg. It will be quite something to see if we can come up from behind to fight our way to the final.

Also, congratulations to Beaverton on taking a 2-0 lead over Whitecaps.  Given the Caps history in the V-cup, if they don't choke this round, they should in the final! Will be interesting to see if we're going to get an all-DRFL V-cup final.

Hosers all the way baby!! Looking forward to next week's return leg. Up 2-0 is not that huge and one goal less that last round but again we didn't give up the away goal so that keeps me optimistic about getting to the final.

Onward through the fog!!!

Matchday Nine (June 10, 2017)
Current Standings (spoilers!)

Canada West
AFC Medicine Hat Mad Hatters FC @ Red Star Red Deer (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Hobema Hosers @ Nanaimo Barre FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Saskatoon Athletic FC @ Inter Regina (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Ontario West
Windsor Rum Runners @ Binbrook Buccaneers (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Hamilton Steelers FC @ Breithaupt Park AC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
London Knights FC @ Farmers FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Ontario East
D.R. Legion FC @ Scarborough FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Beaverton FC @ Porcupine Gold Rush FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Racing Club de Espanola @ North York FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Canada East
EXPAT FC @ Borussia MonctonGladbach (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Halifax Wanderers FC @ Winnipeg Wanderers (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Summerside Argus FC @ AS Sherbrooke Estrie (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Lucky tied teams were Breithaupt, Farmers, and Porcupine.  Lucky loser was Summerside.

MIDWEEK MATCH REMINDER

Second leg of the Voyageurs Cup Semifinals will take place on Tuesday:

Beaverton FC @ Vancouver Whitecaps (agg. 2-0)
Hobema Hosers @ Porcupine Gold Rush FC (agg. 2-0)

44 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Matchday Nine (June 10, 2017)
Hobema Hosers @ Nanaimo Barre FC (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Darn. Second loss with this coach. Well we can't fire him (yet). He is in the semis of the V's Cup. Having 2 competitions makes it hard to fire a coach for losing. I'll have to rethink my ownership strategy.

Very interesting as we had more shots, on target, possession, passes completed %, run attempts and breakthroughs. Still drop the game 1-2.

14 hours ago, TRM said:

Darn. Second loss with this coach. Well we can't fire him (yet). He is in the semis of the V's Cup. Having 2 competitions makes it hard to fire a coach for losing. I'll have to rethink my ownership strategy.

Very interesting as we had more shots, on target, possession, passes completed %, run attempts and breakthroughs. Still drop the game 1-2.

back to winning ways! :)

This Canada West division is ridiculously tight.

On 2017-06-11 at 10:04 AM, ThiKu said:

back to winning ways! :)

This Canada West division is ridiculously tight.

Good steal and yea it is real tight. Glad I have a game in hand. I might need it before this first season is over.

54 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

Voyageurs Cup - Semifinals (Second Leg)
Tournament Bracket (spoilers!)

Beaverton FC @ Vancouver Whitecaps - 2:0 on agg. (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)
Hobema Hosers @ Porcupine Gold Rush FC - 2:0 on agg. (Highlights - 1st Half - 2nd Half)

Hide contents

Hobema will be the home team in the second leg.  Matches will take place over the next two Wednesdays.

Congratulations Hobema! Good luck in the finals!

10 hours ago, Rintaran said:

Congratulations Hobema! Good luck in the finals!

Thanks. I don't think I've ever been this happy to lose 0-1 but it got me through. Both our teams struggled in passing stats. First time I've been below 80% completions.

I wonder if it was that we both guessed correctly the formation the other was going to play?

10 hours ago, TRM said:

Thanks. I don't think I've ever been this happy to lose 0-1 but it got me through. Both our teams struggled in passing stats. First time I've been below 80% completions.

Fun fact: when I simulated the second leg last week; you won the series twice, Porc won the series twice, and one time it went to penalties.

4 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:

Fun fact: when I simulated the second leg last week; you won the series twice, Porc won the series twice, and one time it went to penalties.

It was close that's for sure.

Archived