I HAD A DREAM.

Robert

Happy Labour Day Amigos,

I had a dream last night that I’d like to share with you. I always love it when someone shares their dream with us. Especially when they are in one of those “prediction” threads that appear in the days leading up to our big matches.

You know the kinda dreams I’m talking about, right? The ones where, just like Maradonna, number so and so plating for Canada dribbles through the entire defense of whoever it is we’re playing against and scores a dramatic, last-minute goal to finally give Canada that famous and much-needed victory.

Or a dream like, when Canada is awarded a final-minute penalty to finally seal that famous victory we so desperately need to progress on the road to Russia. Yeah, you got the picture. One of those dreams!

Interestingly enough, no one ever shares a dream where Canada actually outplays their opponents brilliantly from start to finish to give us that famous and much-needed victory, simply because we were better and outplayed the other team. No one, not even the most die-hard Voyageur would ever share a dream like that, because we all know the Canada Men’s National Team has a “Tradition of Losers” to uphold. A very long-standing tradition I might add.

Anyhow, back to my dream. It was absolutely the most incredible, MOTHER of all dreams! We’re playing El Salvador and absolutely everything, and I really mean absolutely, fucking everything we touched went into the net. Every one of “our lads” played the most fucking outstanding match of his life. Just absolutely fucking brilliant. When the final whistle sounded, the scoreboard read: Canada 10 – El Salvador nil. Unreal. Our best win EVER!!!

Can you believe it? Well, like THEY say, whoever “They” are, “DREAMS COME TRUE!” That, of course, is the Canadian “THEY,” as de Dutch “THEY” say something completely different about dreams. De Holland “THEY” say: “DROMEN ZIJN BEDROG.” Oh, just look it up on Google.

DE deception of the matter lies in the fact of who really controls destiny. Now even with our famous and much-needed “10-nil” shit-kicking of the El Salvadoreans, we still have to go scoreboard watching to find out what happened in Mexico, right?

This is because the Hondurans control their own destiny, right? But even more importantly, the Mexicans control everyone’s destiny, as they have already qualified for the HEX and look all but ready to punch their tickets to Russia. The only question that remains for the Mexicans is, which country would they prefer to join them in the HEX, Canada or Honduras? They already know that they can easily beat either one, but which one would give the United States and Costa Rica the toughest run for their money. The US hasn’t had a problem beating Canada for years now. And besides, Tegucigalpa, I mean San Pedro Sula is much closer to the Azteca than BC Place is. There was also that little thing with Stephen Harper having imposed travel restrictions on Mexicans wanting to visit Canada, which may have pissed off a few of the CONCACAF Gods. And just maybe, Latinos like Latinos better than like Americanos and Maple Leafoes, right?

I don’t think there would be too many Mexicans that would lose a whole lot of sleep if their beloved tri-color settled for a 1-1 draw with their Honduran neighbours, would you? In which case, that famous and much-needed 10-nil victory on Tuesday would mean sweet fuck all. Therefore, I have decided to save the $60 it would cost me to go watch Canada, and instead head down to the DRIVE where I can watch the match that really matters for the price of a slice of fruit-cake.

Depending on the outcome of the Mexico-Honduras match, I may check the out-of-town scoreboard to find out what the result was of the match that was played less than a mile from my home.

Sweet dreams everyone.

Well, we weren't able to progress in 2012 when we had destiny in our hands, so maybe this time we do with a bit of help. We may not be the best team in CONCACAF but perhaps we'll get lucky.  I truly feel we are as good as Trinidad, Panama, and Honduras and I think those teams know that we have enough quality players to get positive results. We just haven't been able to overcome away travel. I know that is a huge part of the equation but we're not as bad as some might suggest. 

On 9/4/2016 at 8:51 PM, Robert said:

I don’t think there would be too many Mexicans that would lose a whole lot of sleep if their beloved tri-color settled for a 1-1 draw with their Honduran neighbours, would you? In which case, that famous and much-needed 10-nil victory on Tuesday would mean sweet fuck all.

Obviously, it's not my funeral you're mourning today my dear Gashole. Did you bet my line? A $100 SportAction wager would have you cashing in $437 this morning. That, and not spending good money on a ticket to last night's game, is $400 more in my wallet. The Canadian Men's National Team is an emotional and financial waste of time with the current CSA leadership. Jason deVos and his grassroots programs is an even bigger waste. From now on I'll just stick to the Women's game when it comes to Canadian soccer, as I will take my plan to lead Canada out of these doldrums to my grave.

Adio, Losers.

16 hours ago, Coramoor said:

let's be honest Robert, you don't have a plan(or at least one worth mentioning), you just like to complain

Has Victor presented a plan to solve our woes? Has Jason presented a plan? Oh yeah, I guess they have. Plans like LTPD and Grassroots. Both very vague and neither offer a detailed blueprint showing exactly how they will improve the state of Canadian men's soccer. All they say is that we need to focus on our kids. Yeah, that's the future. The LTPD plan is so old, that the players they originally targeted have already retired since then. In both cases, these are self-seeking plans designed only to ensure long-term employment for people who don't have a clue and bring anything to the table.

In the meantime, that long-standing "Tradition of Losers" continues. What kind of effect do you think all these failed World Cup campaigns have on our kids, our grassroots? Does it inspire them to thinking, "When I grow up, I want to be a loser just like the guys that are currently on the field. Yeah, their all nice guys and they all give 110%, but that unfortunately just ain't good enough. How much are the top 11 Canadian players worth? Compare that to a tiny country like Holland, where the top 11 players prior to last months transfer window made the follow in Euros, not CDN. Dollars:

1) Georgino Wijnaldum, Newcastle United - 26 million Euros

2) Memphis Depay, Manchester United - 25 million Euros

3) Riechedly Bazoer, Ajax - 24 million Euros

4) Kevin Strootman, AS Roma - 20 million Euros

5) Quincy Promes, Spartak Moscou - 18 million Euros

6) Vincent Janssen, AZ - 18 million Euros

7) Daley Blind, Manchester United - 17.5 million Euros

8) Arjen Robben, Bayern Munchen - 16 million Euros

9) Virgil van Dijk, Southampton - 15 million Euros

10) Davy Klassen, Ajax - 15 million Euros

11) Jasper Cillessen, Ajax - 15 million Euros

And the Dutch are chump change when you compare them to an even smaller country, the top 11 Belgium players. Maybe if one of you isn't too embarrassed you can provide a similar list of the top 11 paid Canadian players. Stick that in your grassroots-pipe and smoke it Jason. You can't really be of Dutch descent can you?

13 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

So all we need to do is take the +100 years of soccer culture, coaching, and infrastructure of the Dutch, rebuild it in Canada in a couple years, and expect immediate results.  Seems doable.  Do you also sell magic beans?

Nothing changes if nothing changes. When was the last time Canada pulled of a World Cup qualifying upset? Have you ever seen a Canadian team (at the senior level) beat Mexico or the United States in a World Cup qualifier? If not, you probably won't in your lifetime, at least not with people like Victor and Jason around.

I DO have a doable plan that will bring about immediate change for Canadian men's soccer, however, I'm not going to give it away for free to those who have no innovation, vision or willingness to change.

Anyways, just keep on losing for as long as you like.

15 minutes ago, Robert said:

I DO have a doable plan that will bring about immediate change for Canadian men's soccer, however, I'm not going to give it away for free to those who have no innovation, vision or willingness to change.

Someone needs to start a kickstarter campaign ASAP.  This man's gots to get paid.

Plan:

1 - Put Robert in charge
2 - Give Robert a big bag of money
3 - ?????
4 - Profit (win World Cup)

15 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

Someone needs to start a kickstarter campaign ASAP.  This man's gots to get paid.

Plan:

1 - Put Robert in charge
3 - ?????

How about just making it to the Hex for starters?

45 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

Plan:

1 - Put Robert in charge
3 - ?????

Ahhh, the underpants gnomes...

Save money? If you'd bet Canada -1.5,  Canada -1 or Canada over 1.75 total goals you made excellent money.

Glad you saved $50 on tickets and watched Mexico vs Honduras.  cool.

I guess unlike you, most people on here like to breath & cheer for the country they love, that is Canada. When they have the opportunity to cheer for Canada they watch Canada while checking the other game on their phone.

Hope the 0-0 was incredibly entertaining for you. I really enjoyed watching our boys played their hearts out Tuesday.

I never expected anything out of 2018.  Open to hear your ideas, I hope Devos gives you a sit down.

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Has Victor presented a plan to solve our woes? Has Jason presented a plan? Oh yeah, I guess they have. Plans like LTPD and Grassroots. Both very vague and neither offer a detailed blueprint showing exactly how they will improve the state of Canadian men's soccer. All they say is that we need to focus on our kids. Yeah, that's the future. The LTPD plan is so old, that the players they originally targeted have already retired since then. In both cases, these are self-seeking plans designed only to ensure long-term employment for people who don't have a clue and bring anything to the table.

In the meantime, that long-standing "Tradition of Losers" continues. What kind of effect do you think all these failed World Cup campaigns have on our kids, our grassroots? Does it inspire them to thinking, "When I grow up, I want to be a loser just like the guys that are currently on the field. Yeah, their all nice guys and they all give 110%, but that unfortunately just ain't good enough. How much are the top 11 Canadian players worth? Compare that to a tiny country like Holland, where the top 11 players prior to last months transfer window made the follow in Euros, not CDN. Dollars:

1) Georgino Wijnaldum, Newcastle United - 26 million Euros

2) Memphis Depay, Manchester United - 25 million Euros

3) Riechedly Bazoer, Ajax - 24 million Euros

4) Kevin Strootman, AS Roma - 20 million Euros

5) Quincy Promes, Spartak Moscou - 18 million Euros

6) Vincent Janssen, AZ - 18 million Euros

7) Daley Blind, Manchester United - 17.5 million Euros

8) Arjen Robben, Bayern Munchen - 16 million Euros

9) Virgil van Dijk, Southampton - 15 million Euros

10) Davy Klassen, Ajax - 15 million Euros

11) Jasper Cillessen, Ajax - 15 million Euros

And the Dutch are chump change when you compare them to an even smaller country, the top 11 Belgium players. Maybe if one of you isn't too embarrassed you can provide a similar list of the top 11 paid Canadian players. Stick that in your grassroots-pipe and smoke it Jason. You can't really be of Dutch descent can you?

CPL, grassroots development from a young age, LTPD, coach training programs, they're all mechanisms to try and achieve something, they're also all vehicles that don't cost an absolute fortune or rely on money that doesn't exist.

Those who never try, never achieve anything

Archived