I HAD A DREAM.

Robert

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Has Victor presented a plan to solve our woes? Has Jason presented a plan? Oh yeah, I guess they have. Plans like LTPD and Grassroots. Both very vague and neither offer a detailed blueprint showing exactly how they will improve the state of Canadian men's soccer. All they say is that we need to focus on our kids. Yeah, that's the future. The LTPD plan is so old, that the players they originally targeted have already retired since then. In both cases, these are self-seeking plans designed only to ensure long-term employment for people who don't have a clue and bring anything to the table.

In the meantime, that long-standing "Tradition of Losers" continues. What kind of effect do you think all these failed World Cup campaigns have on our kids, our grassroots? Does it inspire them to thinking, "When I grow up, I want to be a loser just like the guys that are currently on the field. Yeah, their all nice guys and they all give 110%, but that unfortunately just ain't good enough. How much are the top 11 Canadian players worth? Compare that to a tiny country like Holland, where the top 11 players prior to last months transfer window made the follow in Euros, not CDN. Dollars:

1) Georgino Wijnaldum, Newcastle United - 26 million Euros

2) Memphis Depay, Manchester United - 25 million Euros

3) Riechedly Bazoer, Ajax - 24 million Euros

4) Kevin Strootman, AS Roma - 20 million Euros

5) Quincy Promes, Spartak Moscou - 18 million Euros

6) Vincent Janssen, AZ - 18 million Euros

7) Daley Blind, Manchester United - 17.5 million Euros

8) Arjen Robben, Bayern Munchen - 16 million Euros

9) Virgil van Dijk, Southampton - 15 million Euros

10) Davy Klassen, Ajax - 15 million Euros

11) Jasper Cillessen, Ajax - 15 million Euros

And the Dutch are chump change when you compare them to an even smaller country, the top 11 Belgium players. Maybe if one of you isn't too embarrassed you can provide a similar list of the top 11 paid Canadian players. Stick that in your grassroots-pipe and smoke it Jason. You can't really be of Dutch descent can you?

What does that 24 million Euros figure represent for Bazoer? That's definitely not his salary and he also never got sold to another club from Ajax as of yet.

7 hours ago, Coramoor said:

CPL, grassroots development from a young age, LTPD, coach training programs, they're all mechanisms to try and achieve something, they're also all vehicles that don't cost an absolute fortune or rely on money that doesn't exist.

Those who never try, never achieve anything

20 hours ago, Macksam said:

What does that 24 million Euros figure represent for Bazoer? That's definitely not his salary and he also never got sold to another club from Ajax as of yet.

It is pretty amazing that this still 19-year-old powerhouse midfielder is getting paid that much money in the Ere-divisie. That, and the fact Napoli, AS Roma, Chelsea and FC Barcelona are all trying to acquire this player is surely jacking-up the price to the equivalent of the entire payroll of an NHL team!

2 hours ago, Robert said:

It is pretty amazing that this still 19-year-old powerhouse midfielder is getting paid that much money in the Ere-divisie. That, and the fact Napoli, AS Roma, Chelsea and FC Barcelona are all trying to acquire this player is surely jacking-up the price to the equivalent of the entire payroll of an NHL team!

yea... he's not. I also find it incredibly unlikely that Daley Blind is making 17.5 million euros a year. Unless you're going to provide some sources, I'm going to say bullshit. Transfermarkt is giving Bazoer a value of 15 million euros, not a great source but it's still a number way lower than what you're talking about

On 9/9/2016 at 2:26 PM, Coramoor said:

yea... he's not. I also find it incredibly unlikely that Daley Blind is making 17.5 million euros a year. Unless you're going to provide some sources, I'm going to say bullshit. Transfermarkt is giving Bazoer a value of 15 million euros, not a great source but it's still a number way lower than what you're talking about

Always check to see if your gun is loaded before you pull the trigger. No need to retract. By now I have become accustomed to the Canadian ignorance that continues to keep the level of soccer in this country's at the San Pedro Sula school-boys level. By the way, what is the average annual salary in Victor's little fantasy league? What kind of players is he hoping to attract paying that kind of money? Is it going to be enough to persuade someone to forego a university education?

https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/bijzaken-en-geruchten/97487/elf-13-ajacieden-bij-100-duurste-nl-spelers#YtAJuLurcOs4wiTV.97

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/432693_elf-voetbal-met-de-top-100-duurste-nederlanders-en-meer

7 hours ago, The Ref said:

Aren't you Canadian too?  Why do you put down people that support you?

I came to Canada on May 1, 1969, when I was 13 years old. Although my wife, children and grandchildren are all Canadian citizens, and I have supported the Canadian National Team all those years, I have chosen to remain what I was born, a Dutch citizen.

In the 47 years that I have followed the Canadian game there has been little, if any progress. Yes, the CSA has continually throughout that time boasted about an 800,000 plus registered membership. This shows that there are many Canadians, who love the beautiful game. The past two years, international matches for both the Women and Men's teams have managed to attract over 50,000 spectators to matches played here in Vancouver. This shows that there are many Canadians, who support the beautiful game. However, neither of these two facts has any bearing on what the CSA has accomplished, only that there are many in this country that love and support soccer.

My heart cries right now, because I have had enough and am ready to give up on Canadian soccer, because those who have managed the game, do not know how to progress and overcome the obstacles and challenges that confront the game in this country. I have watched Canada fall further and further behind on the international stage as I have followed the game progress in other countries, where they take their soccer far more serious than those have have ruin the CSA during that time. It has saddened me greatly to watch countries like; Honduras, Guatemala, Trinidad & Tobago, Panama, Costa Rica and even the United States surpass us. Yes, I consider myself as part of us.

The denial, however, that continues to prevail, the inability of Canadian soccer supporters to honestly admit that there is a major problem that needs to be addressed, is for me disheartening beyond belief. I know that I am not and never have been the easiest to like, because of my often brutal bluntness of telling it the way that I see it. I really wish that I had nothing to bitch about, but we all know that is not true. I appreciate that all of you have put up with me for as long as you have. That could not have been easy. My upbringing and the many years of alcoholism and drug-addiction have not made me the most endearing Voyageur of all-time I'm sure. After all, how many of us have had a thread dedicated to them in trying to get me banned from these boards;-)?

However, I have been able to accomplish a few things:

1) I have been able to stay clean and sober for the past 15 years.

2) I have researched, written and published a book on the early history of soccer in BC.

3) I put together nominations that were successful in getting a First Nations soccer player, who died over 100 years ago, inducted into 4 soccer and sports halls of fame across Canada.

4) I acquired the Grand Challenge Cup of the Nanaimo Football Association - 1891 (the original British Columbia FA Cup), and have had it restored to its former glory.

5) I have organized a soccer tournament for homeless and Aboriginal people, in honour of the First Nations soccer player mentioned above.

6) I am currently writing a second book. This one recounts the lives of Harry Manson and one other man, and the impact they have had on my life.

As you can see, I have been blessed and am very grateful for having been able to turn my life around and accomplish these things, without any reward or compensation to myself. I have only ever wanted what is good for Canadian soccer. However, my honest bluntness, which has helped me to stay clean and sober, has been unpalatable and very painful for a number of you that are unable to look in the mirror and examine honestly what is wrong with the Canadian game. This ignorance is based on contempt prior to investigation. All they have expressed and contributed to threads that I have started is the contempt they have for me. Not that I lose any sleep over that. I accept that not everyone in this world is going to like me.

It is not I, who put down the people that support me. I do have THE solution to Canada's soccer woes!!! This has come to me over all the years that I have followed and researched the Canadian game. I firmly believe that Canadian soccer is in any position to turn down someone who is willing to help. It seems to me that Canadian soccer can use all the help it can get. However, I am texhausted of witnessing the am old dance, over and over again. Like they say in the rooms of the 12-step programs: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different outcome.

I wish Canadian soccer well. I do not hate Canadians or the Canadian game. I , however, can't stand people that control the game, but really don't know how to run it. I will no longer love and support their incompetence.

9 hours ago, Robert said:

Always check to see if your gun is loaded before you pull the trigger. No need to retract. By now I have become accustomed to the Canadian ignorance that continues to keep the level of soccer in this country's at the San Pedro Sula school-boys level. By the way, what is the average annual salary in Victor's little fantasy league? What kind of players is he hoping to attract paying that kind of money? Is it going to be enough to persuade someone to forego a university education?

https://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/bijzaken-en-geruchten/97487/elf-13-ajacieden-bij-100-duurste-nl-spelers#YtAJuLurcOs4wiTV.97

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/432693_elf-voetbal-met-de-top-100-duurste-nederlanders-en-meer

transfer fees != salaries. They just aren't the same thing at all. 17.5 million euros a year is 336k euros a week. How many players in world soccer are making that much, maybe 10? and Daley Blind is definitely not one of them

46 minutes ago, Robert said:

It is not I, who put down the people that support me. I do have THE solution to Canada's soccer woes!!! This has come to me over all the years that I have followed and researched the Canadian game. I firmly believe that Canadian soccer is in any position to turn down someone who is willing to help. It seems to me that Canadian soccer can use all the help it can get. However, I am texhausted of witnessing the am old dance, over and over again. Like they say in the rooms of the 12-step programs: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different outcome.

I wish Canadian soccer well. I do not hate Canadians or the Canadian game. I , however, can't stand people that control the game, but really don't know how to run it. I will no longer love and support their incompetence.

Since you aren't willing to provide your solution for free

Write a book, I'll drop the 25 bucks or whatever it ends up costing, make it your magnum opus

21 hours ago, Robert said:

, I have been able to accomplish a few things:

1) I have been able to stay clean and sober for the past 15 years.

2) I have researched, written and published a book on the early history of soccer in BC.

3) I put together nominations that were successful in getting a First Nations soccer player, who died over 100 years ago, inducted into 4 soccer and sports halls of fame across Canada.

4) I acquired the Grand Challenge Cup of the Nanaimo Football Association - 1891 (the original British Columbia FA Cup), and have had it restored to its former glory.

5) I have organized a soccer tournament for homeless and Aboriginal people, in honour of the First Nations soccer player mentioned above.

6) I am currently writing a second book. This one recounts the lives of Harry Manson and one other man, and the impact they have had on my life.

In all seriousness, this is a list to be truly proud of.

Archived