Hamilton NASL Supporters Meet-up

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I LOVE Barton Street Battalion! I vote we go with that. Final thoughts?

I do like the idea of a cannon being incorporated into the supporters logo as well, great addition.

As for Barton St Bus and Bob Young, they both are deserving of their own songs. Altering "Forever Young" comes to mind.

I'm thinking the Barton St Batallion is breaking away from the pack.

Forever Young! That's awesome!

Just so we are clear, the Rod Stewart version right?

Are you saying away from the pack is a good thing or a bad thing?

I'll try and come up with some lyrics to Forever Young this weekend.

Came up with some

This song is for the man, who built this place and kept on giving us more

He saved us the Ti-Cats, and still had more surprises in store.

For the Caretaker brought to us, a team to play this beautiful game

Right here in the same place, that once held old Ivor Wynne's name

So be proud  and take a stand

Raise a glass to that Red Hatted man

Forever Young, Forever Young

We're here for you boys, decked out in always in Black and Gold

and we'll be here forever, or at least until we're grey and old

Leave it all on the field we say

Because Michael's still watching today

Fore-Ever Young

Fore-Ever Young

And when you finally step back, we'll remember how you treated us well

Leaving us with great Football, and plenty of old stories to tell

We won't dare shed our tears and sob

We'll instead stand and say "Thank you Bob!"

Fore-Ever Young

Fore-Ever Young

Optionally, the end of the first verse for CFL use

"So we'll say Oski Wee Wee, for our Tigers and our city too

because the Argos still suck, and Lord Grey's Cup will be coming home soon"

• 2 weeks later...

Are there likely to be any other would be pro soccer owners? TFC wanted their USL team to play there at one point, but not sure if that's likely to happen now.

I truly do believe, MLSE putting their USL team there was there to serve only one purpose. To prevent THF from one day landing a franchise that could/would draw fans away from TFC. While it would be good for the city coffers, I don't see the Hamilton fanbase ever getting behind TFC's mini team.

That also said, I believe Bob may have had other discussions with the city about the deficiencies of THF and there might be some play as a result of that. Either way, Bob Young or Michael Andlauer are the kind of owners you want for your team.

Are there likely to be any other would be pro soccer owners? TFC wanted their USL team to play there at one point, but not sure if that's likely to happen now.

As far as other owners go, I could see Michael Andlauer getting behind it (as Hammer said). Maybe that rich guy from Mac whose name escapes me...

As far as other owners go, I could see Michael Andlauer getting behind it (as Hammer said). Maybe that rich guy from Mac whose name escapes me...

From my understanding, Andlauer runs the Bulldogs as a hobby, less so an enterprise and he has always been predominantly a hockey guy, so not sure how much interest he'd have in soccer. If it's there, yeah maybe but if not, who knows? The thing with Bob is that he has an interest in soccer. From my understanding he's a fan of Aberdeen FC.

:DDDD Anything you would change?  I'm taking requests! :P

I'll be honest, and only because I am a Ti-Cat fan, through and through, and that is I'd like to see the name be City SC but that will be a debate for the naming contest! :D

Fan of the logo though, only thing I'd change is get rid of the Blue and go with Black, Gold and Grey. Especially love the steel bolt heads on the edges. Like so?

Hammer_zpsf29eiov6.png

• 2 weeks later...

Gang, I was hoping for a C-League announcement by now but nothing yet. Regardless, I'd like to jump ahead and start finalizing things and go from this group-in-limbo to official supporters group. The sooner we can agree on all the technical stuff the more we'll have to look forward to.

Agenda topics I'd like to go over:

-Finalizing a name

-What we want the group to stand for

-Logo/songs

-Anything else you want to cover

I'm good to get together this weekend but am flexible during the week. Thoughts?

For a logo and name I don't think you can call it "football club".  In Hamilton we already have a football club.

Also I think you have to stay with Ti-Cats colours in part to go with the stadium theme.

Finally this is a brand new team with no history, so let's stay away from imported histories like SC, City, United etc.  It's just not genuine.

Archived