Hamilton NASL Supporters Meet-up

Gang, for those interested in Hamilton NASL from a supporters stand point a handful of us are meeting at the Pheasant Plucker on Augusta Wednesday the 27th at 7. Mainly talking Hamilton NASL, having a pint or two and perhaps talking supporters group. Looking forward to seeing you there!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited for you guys, Hamilton is definitely ready!  Although I'd love to see NASL soccer in Calgary, in my opinion, Hamilton is definitely more ready for it, and I don't just mean the stadium...I hope you are your fans prove me right!

Remember fellas, all the groups started with only a few and continued to grow to be as large as they are now (but maybe not quite as arrogant as U-Sector can be or as big of sell-outs as the Southsiders can be or as laughably neo-anarchistic as UM02 can be).

Give us a nice change to the formulaic Canadian/North American supporters group and be reactionary to what's happening in the game and around the section rather than so damned canned like all the yank MLS and NASL supporters groups tend to be. We need more of this and less "hey we've sang this same song at every goddamned game just at different times, let's do it again!"

Gang,

Pheasant Plucker at 7 on Augusta.

I'll make reservations for 6 of us (or so) day of, but I don't expect space to be a problem on a early Wednesday evening.

For those who want to stay up to date with where we are in the very unlikely chance we move get a hold of me at @the2ndyellow on twitter. I'll be monitoring my phone.

I'll also have a V's scarf with me for identification purposes. See you gents Wednesday.

So, I can confirm that Ti-Cat management will likely not be coming to the meeting, not that there was any expectation of them coming. I jokingly posted on the Ti-Cat forums if Scott Mitchell or Bob Young wanted to drop by and blow our minds, they could feel free, and sure enough Bob Young responded to me.

Here's the quote from the Caretaker

The only reason the Ticats are unlikely to show up on Wednesday is because we cannot trust ourselves not to talk publicly about the ideas we are working on to bring pro soccer to Tim Hortons Field.icon_wink.gif 

The conversations are still so early stage that publicity about any of these ideas could get in the way of making progress. 

But rest assured, THF is a both a perfect football pitch and a fantastic soccer field, and we have committed to the City to bring high level soccer to Hamilton. We hope to have a viable soccer plan we can talk about by 2016.

The greater Southwestern Ontario soccer community will be essential to the success of this project, so you will be the first to know about any ideas that make it to the "planning" stage.

Archived