Hamilton NASL Supporters Meet-up

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Posted in the Pan-Am thread, thought I'd post it here as well)

I'm not going to the game tonight (on account of being cheap), but apparently they'll be showing the game in Gore Park, and there's a bit of a beer garden there. If anyone wants to meet up, I'm game.

I'll be in 108 tomorrow; anyone else?

• 4 weeks later...

We never did really decide on a name. I know Ivor's Army, The Barton St. Butchers and The Iron/Steel Brigade were thrown out there.

Honestly, the more and more I hear the Barton St. Butchers, the more I like it, and if it didn't sound so blatantly like a Hooligan group I'd be far more inclined towards it. The idea of a group of supporters walking into the stadium wearing bloody looking butcher aprons and brandishing meat cleavers is an amusing thought. That said, the other two would work just as well.

Honestly, the more and more I hear the Barton St. Butchers, the more I like it, and if it didn't sound so blatantly like a Hooligan group I'd be far more inclined towards it. The idea of a group of supporters walking into the stadium wearing bloody looking butcher aprons and brandishing meat cleavers is an amusing thought. That said, the other two would work just as well.

Not a fan of Butchers. A little too violent for me and I'd rather have a name thats a little more welcoming and inclusive for people to be involved in. Saying that, I think Barton Street or something Hamilton related really drives home that you're a part of something Hamilton related.

I'm all in on Barton St. Brigade. Still tough, still Hamilton and really gives the feel that you're a part of something together.

Barton Street Brawlers........( the BSB's )... not as violent as butchers.... but still gives us an air of toughness.. menacing...and yes.. a little bit hooligan/ultra....but still gives us that Hamilton blue collar attitude..we love our beers, we love our city and we love our team... ( when we finally get one).... plus it would set up a great rivalry against the red patch boys., even if they are in separate leagues...

im cool with the Barton Brigade,,,Barton St. Brigade  or Barton St. Battalion..  another option is using cannon st somehow ( another of our infamous Hamilton streets) and adopting a cannon as part of the logo. ( yeah I know... arsenal.. but still...)..  . I know ive seen college football games where they shoot off a cannon when they score a td..... it could be done here when we score a goal... it would also tie in with the battles that were fought here and the surrounding areas during the war of 1812....

Especially since the stadium borders Cannon St.

Cannon St Crew? Cannon St Cruisers? Cannon St Crushers?

(I'm still partial to Ivor's Army)

The problems I have with using Ivor Wynne's name is that it's 45 years after he died and while no one commonly knows of his WW2 service and stint as the parks board comish, he's most well knows for his name being attached to Ivor Wynne Stadium, which was predominantly for CFL Football. However, on one end that is a good thing, as I fully believe one of the tenants of this supporter group should be to have the opposite relationship with the Ti-Cats that the "relationship" the Red Patch Boys have with the Argos, mainly because when it comes down to it, without Bob Young, this team likely doesn't happen.

Not saying "Everyone must support both teams" more so "This is a shared facility for good reason. Both teams have a right to be here. The fans of both teams deserve respect." that kind of thing.

Haha, those are all seriously BAD ASS.  Very Hooligany, which is what I think you guys should be going for :).  

Here's a few of my concepts for a logo.  I'm just learning, so feel free to critique, but be nice :P(some are also works in progress).  I figured a natural nickname for you guys(the team) was the Hammers(even if its slightly ripping off West Ham - F them, you guys are the real Hammers), and went with the steel industry thing(chains), plus(roughly) the colours from your city flag and the flower.  

I did a few, let me know what you think :)

http://imgur.com/G7QvJ8w - probably my top choice so far, could easily make the hammer straight like the others if people think thats better

http://imgur.com/iCwK7zQ

http://imgur.com/kTFUoL1

http://imgur.com/WwLGaUm

Go Hammers!  F@#$ TFC!  Love from the yukon - the midnight sun makes us a little crazy

I LOVE Barton Street Battalion! I vote we go with that. Final thoughts?

I do like the idea of a cannon being incorporated into the supporters logo as well, great addition.

As for Barton St Bus and Bob Young, they both are deserving of their own songs. Altering "Forever Young" comes to mind.

Archived