Gold cup qualifying

Alex

French Guiana vs Honduras. The first leg was tonight in French Guiana. They beat Honduras 3-1.

The second leg goes Sunday in Honduras. Im hoping French Guiana can hold on here, that would be fun. I did a search on twitter, somebody posted a video of the goals.

French Guiana vs Honduras. The first leg was tonight in French Guiana. They beat Honduras 3-1.

The second leg goes Sunday in Honduras. Im hoping French Guiana can hold on here, that would be fun. I did a search on twitter, somebody posted a video of the goals.

Wow.

I really doubt they can hold on but that is something.  Inspiring for us and WCQ if we come against them.

Wow. Whats going on with honduras?

Stealing this from Reddit

Im not going to write the whole story here but for those that care, Honduras problems started during the world cup when the Honduras soccer government offer a bonus pay to those that played and specially if they won, however some of the players only wanted those that actually play to get the money instead of the whole team, this lead to a lot of problems with teammates that lead to Honduras having a major team overhaul, this was seen during Copa CentroAmerican where they had a lot of new faces including a new coach and ended in fifth place making them play French Guiana for a spot at this years Gold Cup, they fire their new coach and hire Pintos, now Pintos in its own has a long story that involve allegations of him going into the players room to spy on them or stuff like that, now what I wrote is all from memory from hearing interviews in multiple Spanish radio shows, specially one that talks about everything soccer related in Centro America so some stuff might be lost in translation so google it to read the whole story of both situations.

So by my calculation French Guiana would beat us..24-1?

All hail soccer power French Guiana

We can't laugh at FG really... their striker would be #1 on our depth chart.  Seriously he's playing in France's top flight and scores goals :s

We can't laugh at FG really... their striker would be #1 on our depth chart.  Seriously he's playing in France's top flight and scores goals :s

Why does everyone equate FG and Martinique (and even Guadelope) with CONCACAF minnows ... they aren't!  For some reason, everyone thinks that being non-FIFA members means they are awful ... it's a totally different thing!  These teams are reasonable.  Very reasonable!

Costly definitely retired from NT.  Not sure about the others, Palacios is most likely injured.

You're right, Costly has retired from the NT - didn't know that (and thank god, that guy always killed us!).

Also, Bernardez had said he would have retired if they had lost to us in that infamous WCQ in Oct. 2012. But he played for them in their asian tour last fall, so not sure if he's going to keep playing or not.

Archived