Canadian Soccer League 2015 & 2016 Seasons

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
On 30 december 2015 at 7:19 AM, shermanator said:

Looks like there are new match fixing allegations from the 2015 CSL season, this time with players and coaches speaking on record about the fix. https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/soccer-match-fixing-has-infiltrated-canada

After reading this, does anyone still think this league is in any way, shape, or form legitimate?

How come betting offices still do? Serious question. 

7 hours ago, shamrock said:

How come betting offices still do? Serious question. 

Because they don't care. They simply want something to take bets on. They would be happy offering odds on hamster races if they thought they could make money.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It would save time if you just posted all the results now for the rest of the season. That is how this league works, right: pre-determined results for Eastern European bookies fleecing morons who think this is actually a national league.

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive to see Dunfield playing here.

Any idea why Waterloo are only playing in the Second division this season? Considering they are the former First division champions. Same question goes out to London. Andrew Crowe should have never sold the franchise...

On that note, how are Hamilton City looking this season?

• 3 weeks later...

It is weird to see Toronto Croatia not be a part of the CSL anymore however London leaving the first division was just as shocking. They have put out a Secons Division team using their long time player Christian Salamanca as their captain. Such a shame to see him in this league still after a few trials at bytovia bytow, and Sao Bernardo. However I have seen a few professionals players joining the CSL again, just a shame about the corruption. Hopefully London as well as shooters field a team in the "Lika Supergroup" league. 

It's weird to see people talking about a betting scam pretending to be a soccer league that cannot legally contribute anything to the national team on a web forum created for the sole purpose of supporting the national team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Searching for soccer games on my cable box kept turning up a show called "CSL Primetime" on one of the lower channels. I don't get the channel but wondered if it could be the actual CSL as didn't think they could have a show on cable but they actually do and its a weekly one available on youtube as well. Here's episode 10 from last week, starts off with talk of Hamilton City :

Other archived episodes are on youtube as well starting with the 1st episode.

• 3 weeks later...

CSL Championship – Quarterfinals games played Sunday, October 16

York Region Shooters 5, Milton 0

Hamilton City 3, Scarborough SC 0

Quarterfinal games played October 15:

FC Ukraine United 3, Brantford Galaxy 0

Serbian White Eagles 1, Toronto Atomic FC 0

I am always amazed at just how much Eastern Syndicate money can buy. That this betting scam masquerading as a soccer league continues to operate seems astonishing.

Not that I am a big CSA fan but you would think that FIFA would be concerned that an outlaw league is operating with such impunity. That will sure look good on our application for the 2026 World Cup.

Archived