Canadian Soccer League 2015 & 2016 Seasons

2 hours ago, ted said:

I am always amazed at just how much Eastern Syndicate money can buy. That this betting scam masquerading as a soccer league continues to operate seems astonishing.

Not that I am a big CSA fan but you would think that FIFA would be concerned that an outlaw league is operating with such impunity. That will sure look good on our application for the 2026 World Cup.

I always hear people say that CSA/FIFA should "do more" to shut these guys down, but I never hear suggestions about what specific actions they should take.

They've already been de-sanctioned.  They operate without FIFA authority.  They have suspension guidelines laid out for referees who officiate in these leagues - admittedly I don't know that they follow through or whether that extends to players - but I also have nothing to suggest otherwise.  They don't have the ability to order the RCMP to start an investigation or lay charges if the RCMP doesn't feel it's worth their time.  Short of assuming police powers to physically force people to stop kicking a ball unless they have FIFA permission to do so, I don't know what more you want them to do.

Besides, if the CSA wants to keep operating their betting league, I'm all for it - keep the tainted games in this league rather than it spreading to the real ones.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:

I always hear people say that CSA/FIFA should "do more" to shut these guys down, but I never hear suggestions about what specific actions they should take.

They should follow-through and sanction anyone involved in the league to the full extent they are able. Pretty simple really.

1 hour ago, ted said:

They should follow-through and sanction anyone involved in the league to the full extent they are able. Pretty simple really.

I find it disappointing that the likes of Adrian Cann and Terry Dunfield are playing in this league. Wouldn't it be better if they were playing in L1O, showing some young promising players the ropes, as well as quality competition for other teams?

15 hours ago, masster said:

I find it disappointing that the likes of Adrian Cann and Terry Dunfield are playing in this league. Wouldn't it be better if they were playing in L1O, showing some young promising players the ropes, as well as quality competition for other teams?

I think that, unfortunately, shows that L1O still has some way to go in its development. But definitely agree with you, and hope that's something that happens in the near future.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Toje said:

Ex-Canadian youth international, Milos Scepanovic, scored in extra time.  He played for the Canadian U20 team back in 2009.

Well I guess he'll never play for Canada again, but probably no big loss. It is easier to score dramatic extra-time winners when the result was already decided in an Eastern European betting office.

Wonder what the payout to the punters was on that result?

Archived