Canadian Soccer League 2015 & 2016 Seasons

How about we shut down this thread and any other discussion of the activities of this illegal league. This is site for supporters of the national team. Since no player, coach or administrator associated with this league can participate in the National Team propgram I see no reaosn to allow any discussion of their on-field activities.

Non CSA sanctioned league not illegal.

Anyhow, why attempt to censor, this is a soccer forum, if your not interested don't read the thread, if you are read the thread. There's probably many members of these forums that follow league's and clubs and contribute because their fans of them without even thinking of the NT much. No need for exclusivity or censorship.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Laws of the Game do not, I believe, specify anything about sanctioning or obeying FIFA's power structure. And the existence of this thread only endorses the false CSL so long as the Treasonous Albertans thread endorses them, or the BMO Field thread endorses the superiority of the CFL.

I hate the false CSL and wish it to die. But we do more damage letting this thread exist and reminding would-be Googlers that it is an outlaw league run for the convenience of foreign gamblers and match-fixers than we would by banning discussion.

Two games were postponed over the weekend because of bad weather.

May 29

Serbian White Eagles 7 Niagara United 1

May 30

Brantford Galaxy 3 York Region Shooters 1

Toronto Croatia 4 Toronto Atomic 2

A game from May 23rd

June 5th

Scarborough SC 1 Milton SC 4

June 6th

Toronto Atomic FC 0 Brantford Galaxy 3

Niagara United 1 Burlington SC 8

June 7th

York Region Shooters 1 Serbian White Eages 2

Brampton City United 1 Toronto Croatia 3

- Vladimir Vujovic (Burlington) is the leading scorer with 7 goals after 5 games.

- Former Canadian U20 member, Milos Scepanovic, is playing for the Serbian White Eages and has 3 goals in 3 games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Waterloo will host the Brazil U22 side on July 25th at 8:30pm.  Brazil will use this game as prep for the Pan-Am games.  Tickets will be $20 and will be available at stadium before the game.

I remember watching the CSL All-Stars play in Ottawa against the Moroccan Francophone games team.  I seem to recall the Cameroonian team playing against Gloucester (I think?) and they beat them 20-0 (or something like that).

Maicon (Lokomotiv Moscow), Alex Teixeira (Shaktar Donetsk), Vagner Love (CSKA Moscow, Flamengo, Corinthians), Diego Ribas da Cunha (33 caps for Brazil), Dudu Cearense (12 caps for Brazil) have all played at the Pan Am games before.

Waterloo will host the Brazil U22 side on July 25th at 8:30pm.  Brazil will use this game as prep for the Pan-Am games.  Tickets will be $20 and will be available at stadium before the game.

I remember watching the CSL All-Stars play in Ottawa against the Moroccan Francophone games team.  I seem to recall the Cameroonian team playing against Gloucester (I think?) and they beat them 20-0 (or something like that).

Maicon (Lokomotiv Moscow), Alex Teixeira (Shaktar Donetsk), Vagner Love (CSKA Moscow, Flamengo, Corinthians), Diego Ribas da Cunha (33 caps for Brazil), Dudu Cearense (12 caps for Brazil) have all played at the Pan Am games before.

I think it was 7-0, I was in the club at that time, we went to USA cup prior Francophone games beginning.

I think it was 7-0, I was in the club at that time, we went to USA cup prior Francophone games beginning.

Hmm, it could have been.  Perhaps they also played another warm-up friendly in Ottawa?

• 1 month later...

Standings going into this weekend

1. Serbian White Eagles 33pts

2. Toronto Croatia 28pts

3. York Region Shooters 28pts

4. SC Waterloo 25pts

5. Brampton 22pts

--------------

12. Niagara United 6pts

Zdenko Jurcevic (Brantford) is the top scorer with 16 goals in 17 games.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The top 5 goal scorers from the season.

1. Richard West - York Region Shooters - 23 goals

2. Zdenko Jurcevic - Brantford - 21 goals

3. Sahjah Reid - Serbian White Eagles - 18 goals (Canadian from Brampton)

4. Adis Hasecic - Waterloo - 16 goals

5. Jose Goncalves de Sousa - Scarborough - 15 goals

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Toronto Croatia for finishing exactly where the match-fixers said you should finish and well done to Waterloo for doing as you were told by your handlers.

Oh, wait... are we still pretending these results are legitimate? 

;)

Oscar Cordon did play for Toronto FC in 2011.  Toronto FC Academy in 2009 before that in the CSL then after TFC of MLS ended up on Brampton City United of CSL in 2013, Woodbridge Strikers of League 1 Ontario in 2014 and early this season and now to CSL Toronto Croatia.  Still only 22. 

• 5 weeks later...

TL;dw - Does it show the Eastern-European "minders" giving instructions to the goalies on what the score should be?  Do the commentators just speak English or do they add commentary in a selection of Slavic langauages for the "fans"?

We all know what the league is like now, but I really enjoyed the CSL/CPSL back when the Ottawa Wizards were playing.  They were the first 'professional' soccer club in Ottawa since the Intrepid.  I went to almost all the home games and a number of away games as well.  Fantastic memories, and I still remember many of the players on the Wizards.  

Richard Goddard, Kevin Nelson, Simon Eaddy, Urbain Some, MacDonald Yobe, Shurland David etc  My favourite player was probably Abraham Osman.  

I also remember watching Atiba Hutchinson play for York Region during the 2002 season.

ottwiz.jpg

We all know what the league is like now, but I really enjoyed the CSL/CPSL back when the Ottawa Wizards were playing.  They were the first 'professional' soccer club in Ottawa since the Intrepid.  I went to almost all the home games and a number of away games as well.  Fantastic memories, and I still remember many of the players on the Wizards.  

Richard Goddard, Kevin Nelson, Simon Eaddy, Urbain Some, MacDonald Yobe, Shurland David etc  My favourite player was probably Abraham Osman.  

I also remember watching Atiba Hutchinson play for York Region during the 2002 season.

ottwiz.jpg

Saw a lot of goals there. Kevin Nelson was my fave at that time. I think one of the funnest games was one not many saw, Wizards against U Louisville. It was like 5-4 crazy back and forth. 

Yes, I was at that game as well.  I think Adrian Cann was playing for the University of Louisville at the time, and I believe the Wizards were losing by a few goals at the half.  Actually, I just looked it up, and Louisville had a 4-1 lead at the half.

Archived