Canadians abroad: October 17-23, 2014

DJT

Guidelines for this thread
  • In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for October 17-23, 2014.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Fraser Aird got the start for Rangers today. They are up 1-0 in 31'. Hoping to see an assist or a goal for him as they should be able to score multiple goals today.

David Edgar starting for Birmingham City.

Randy Edwini-Bonsu cam on in the 54' for Kickers in a 5-1 loss.

Nicolas Ledgerwood came on in 80' for Cottbus in a 2-0 loss.

Simeon Jackson starting for Coventry City losing 1-0 at half.

Finnish First Division

Honka 2 - 2 KuPS (Charlie Trafford)

Trafford started and played 90 minutes.

Jaro 1 - 0 Mariehamn (Roger Thompson)

Thompson started and played 90 minutes.

Why aren't these two being called up my Benito? Unbelievable, Canada's NT can't afford to look past any players, especially when they are players getting decent minutes in top division leagues in Europe. 

Because it ain't top division. It's comparable with NASL at best. Frank Jonke hasn't cut it at Edmonton while he's played everything for years in Finland.

Also in Scotlands League 2, Birnstingl had to come on after his competitor McKenzie was send off after 2 minutes. He couldn't stop the ensuing penalty kick, and had to concede another goal later on. Montrose lost 2-0 at Queen's Park.

De Jong is starting for Augsburg vs Mainz 05!

I had to read that one twice before I got it..

But seriously, he was subbed off after only 56 minutes. He played in 8 games last year (for 185 minutes). When is the time for him to accept he's not going to cut it there? Get a loan to the second Bundesliga already and if he's getting starts and playing well there, he might get another chance at the top. This is just a waste.

Edit:

Rickets got 12 minutes plus IT in what became Hapoel Haifa's first win of the season.

Andre Hailault is starting his 10th consecutive match for Aalen. Soccerway has him of a defensive mid position in front of the defense.

Barsalona's on the bench for VPS in Finland.

Because it ain't top division. It's comparable with NASL at best. Frank Jonke hasn't cut it at Edmonton while he's played everything for years in Finland.

I didn't mean its a top European league, but it is the top division in Finland. Which in return is a top division European league. That's what i meant. Either way they should be given a look at.    

Archived