NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The kid never closed the door. He is in a country that chooses to play youth international games.

Yeah, if Scotland doesn't want him he will play for us. We should close the door on him and not just in soccer terms. Was he the kid who posted on here a few years ago looking for support because he was going to play for Canada?

Yeah, if Scotland doesn't want him he will play for us. We should close the door on him and not just in soccer terms. Was he the kid who posted on here a few years ago looking for support because he was going to play for Canada?

I think that was Caolan Lavery who decided to play for Northern Ireland

I think it was that Portuguese goalkeeper.

Monte, make sure to vet all contributions thoroughly no matter who is posting. Links should be mandatory (unless you have lots of spare time) and twitter feeds should be taken with a grain of salt. With these kids at Ezerbirge I would look at the youth team rosters on their official site and check if they are there. Could be that they're under 18 and not yet eligible to sign a contract (which in my mind means they are NOT at the club since anything can happen - promises can be made and not kept, eg. Abe Donzo at Everton). Also, don't trust the CSA releases for club information, they are literally wrong half the time (eg. Riggi was never officially at Celta Vigo as Unnamed Trialist can attest to).

Monte, make sure to vet all contributions thoroughly no matter who is posting. Links should be mandatory (unless you have lots of spare time) and twitter feeds should be taken with a grain of salt. With these kids at Ezerbirge I would look at the youth team rosters on their official site and check if they are there. Could be that they're under 18 and not yet eligible to sign a contract (which in my mind means they are NOT at the club since anything can happen - promises can be made and not kept, eg. Abe Donzo at Everton). Also, don't trust the CSA releases for club information, they are literally wrong half the time (eg. Riggi was never officially at Celta Vigo as Unnamed Trialist can attest to).

An article which seems to confirm that Tre Crosby is indeed with Aue - http://www.snapmarkham.com/index.php?option=com_sngevents&id%5B%5D=488591

An article which seems to confirm that Tre Crosby is indeed with Aue - http://www.snapmarkham.com/index.php?option=com_sngevents&id%5B%5D=488591

Local newspapers often have incorrect information. There were reports last year that Petrasso and Carreiro had signed with QPR, but they didn't appear officially with the team until this past fall. Both Crosby and John are 17 years old and unless they are both EU citizens they cannot officially sign in Europe until they're 18.

Unfortunately the Aue website is not up-to-date, they only have the team photo from earlier in the year and updated scores - no roster, no lineups etc.

http://www.fc-erzgebirge.de/index.php?shlink=802&navallgrp=172&mannschaft=U19

I've been following Canadian players abroad since 1996 online, and I know about the issues with local newspapers. I'm just posting what I find.

Transfermarket also has him and a few other Canadian players with Aue, but I do know it isn't that reliable either.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/fc-erzgebirge-aue-u19/startseite/verein_7552.html

Dude, i'm not singling you out for faulty info., just trying to give Monte some advice.

Well, the transfermarkt link is a little more substantial than anything else. It says that Brandon John turned 18 on Jan. 5th, so there's a good chance he may have already signed a contract. Less info. on Tre Crosby though...

18 year old, Arthur Sarapov, should be at Kladno (Czech 3rd division) until the end of the season. He has played in winter training games for the club, but didn't appear in their first league game after the winter break.

No link, so not official... just for informational purposes ;)

Godfrey is now with Wealdstone of the Isthmian Premier League -

http://www.wfcsc.co.uk/index.php/news/announcements/308-elliott-godfrey-signs-for-stones

Looks like Tre Crosby is with FC Erzgebirge Aue U19 in Germany - https://twitter.com/Tre_Crosby I believe he was with the Toronto FC Academy last year.

Having trouble with Godfrey, seems transfermarket still listing him with staines, so does wiki, so does soccerway as his last team played for, but he hasn't played for Staines this year since January 5th. Pending on this one...not changing it yet.

Right I see this, and I'm going to remove him, thanks.

18 year old, Arthur Sarapov, should be at Kladno (Czech 3rd division) until the end of the season. He has played in winter training games for the club, but didn't appear in their first league game after the winter break.

No link, so not official... just for informational purposes ;)

Thanks Toje...but remember I'm new, so make sure to spell names right. Was having trouble looking for him, isn't he Arthur Sharapov?

But yeah, I'm going to leave this one alone as you are correct it needs to be an official signing.

Dude, i'm not singling you out for faulty info., just trying to give Monte some advice.

Well, the transfermarkt link is a little more substantial than anything else. It says that Brandon John turned 18 on Jan. 5th, so there's a good chance he may have already signed a contract. Less info. on Tre Crosby though...

I am seeing it on transfermarket, so I'm fine with putting all these on the list. Hopefully one or more of their many Canadians stick!!!

JPG thanks for the advice, I need some more. I am wanting to do what I said with the *** rule. I'm thinking of making a legend like this to put on the end of people's names

**** - Currently in the national team pool, ie has played for a Canadian National team.

*** - Full Canadian, with no split nationality that has not (yet) played for a Canadian national team.

** - Player of split nationality that is undecided or a Full Canadian that has shown they may not commit

* - Ties to Canada are tenuous, ie....Born in Canada only, or lived here for a period, but is likely not going to be a Canadian national.

What do you guys think of those criteria? Remember that a player can gain or lose stars based on what happens, the star rating would only be to help newer guys (MYSELF!!!!) take one look at the list and know immediately who is actually in our system and who is a pretender. Remember that on these criteria, for example, Hoilett would pop back onto the list, but would only receive two stars, just like Jono would have.

Anyone like Aird or Jono who has LAST PLAYED for another nation would immediately be taken off this list. As soon as capped at any level by any other nation (whether still technically eligible to be capped by canada or not) you are no longer a canadian abroad, in my eyes.

Also, I am trying to research, and what should I do about guys like Marco Rodrigues, who I personally cannot find anywhere. Unless he is Emmanuel M. Rodrigues, who under these criteria would only receive one star. I might make a list of guys I took off the list, and why, and leave it to you guys to argue them back on after I post it? Would that be acceptable? Looking for opinions here. I would like this list cleaned up a bit in other words so that any player ON the list can be easily found. For example, if Marco actually IS Emmanuel, then I would need to change his name here on the list. But until that is confirmed, I think players like that, I should just simply remove.

Personally, like was suggested by someone last page, I think that if they aren't listed on transfermarket, then the league they are in flat out isn't good enough. I will be thorough and try to find them on transfermarket, but again, looking at platense, the Rodrigues shown there is this guy.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/emiliano-martin-rodriguez/profil/spieler_89245.html

I'm not seeing the canadian link there. Either the guys need to be easier to find, or they are gone, in my opinion. Thoughts?

Having trouble with Godfrey, seems transfermarket still listing him with staines, so does wiki, so does soccerway as his last team played for, but he hasn't played for Staines this year since January 5th. Pending on this one...not changing it yet.

Match report from yesterday, he was on the bench for Wealdstone but didn't play.

http://www.wfcsc.co.uk/index.php/first-team/match-reports/321-whitehawk-1-wealdstone-1

Thanks Toje...but remember I'm new, so make sure to spell names right. Was having trouble looking for him, isn't he Arthur Sharapov?

But yeah, I'm going to leave this one alone as you are correct it needs to be an official signing.

All the local Kladno football reports have him as Šarapov, which is pronounced Sh-arapov. I didn't include the

Š before, as I didn't think it would work on the forum.

http://kladensky.denik.cz/fotbal_region/konfrontace-nevyznela-dobre-20130210.html

Archived