NEW Mother of all Canadians Abroad

madmonte

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edited! Added Bryce Alderson and Caleb Clarke to abroad players, with a loan note. Removed Sodade.

Coming in next 2 weeks

1) Some of these players have been on the list a long time, with no confirmation of whether they still play there or not. I am going to mass overhaul a lot of these guys. If I find they are playing elsewhere, I will change it myself. If I can't find them at all, I will post a big list that will stay up 2 weeks. If anyone can find them, they stay on the list (on a new club or otherwise). If they are so obscure they can't be found at their old club, they will be removed.

Example: I went and checked randomly on Bobby Kajgo in Bosnia, and found Boban Kajgo, and that he had switched which club in Bosnia he was on over a year ago. I fixed him, and yeah lots of fixes to come.

2) Adding some sort of format to track players, with 4 criterion.

**** - Currently in the national team pool, ie has played for a Canadian National team.

*** - Full Canadian, with no split nationality that has not (yet) played for a Canadian national team.

** - Player of split nationality that is undecided or a Full Canadian that has shown they may not commit

* - Ties to Canada are tenuous, ie....Born in Canada only, or lived here for a period, but is likely not going to be a Canadian national.

May be color coded instead.

3) Going to add a minimum league criterion

It am going to base it off of UEFA's ratings for league coefficients.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

If a player is in a league (at the time of posting)

Ranked 1-3: (ie, England, Germany, Spain) they will be tracked to the SIXTH tier. Will not post any tier lower than sixth.

Ranked 4-6: Will be tracked to the fifth tier.

Ranked 7-15: Will be tracked to the 4th tier

Ranked 16-30: Will be tracked to the 3rd tier

Ranked 31 or lower: Will be tracked to the 2nd tier only.

For non european leagues, the equivalent will be used. For example, Brazil would compare to a 1-3 league, Argentina would compare to a 4-6 league, Uruguay, Japan, South Korea to 7-15. May be generous.

Exceptions will be made for players with **** ratings that have played in the Canadian system, be it senior or U-whatever, they will be posted no matter WHAT league they end up in.

Sound ok?

3) Going to add a minimum league criterion

It am going to base it off of UEFA's ratings for league coefficients.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

If a player is in a league (at the time of posting)

Ranked 1-3: (ie, England, Germany, Spain) they will be tracked to the SIXTH tier. Will not post any tier lower than sixth.

Ranked 4-6: Will be tracked to the fifth tier.

Ranked 7-15: Will be tracked to the 4th tier

Ranked 16-30: Will be tracked to the 3rd tier

Ranked 31 or lower: Will be tracked to the 2nd tier only.

Sound ok?

If a player is playing in the Czech 3rd division (for example), I will still mention him here for informational purposes, if that is okay? I wouldn't expect him to be 'listed' though....

If a player is playing in the Czech 3rd division (for example), I will still mention him here for informational purposes, if that is okay? I wouldn't expect him to be 'listed' though....

You should mention him in the weekly canucks abroad threads for informational purposes (ie. playing time, goals etc.)

You can officially add the three Canadian boys with Nacional Montevideo in Uruguay as per the roster list on Nacional's official website:

http://www.nacional.com.uy/mvdcms/catplantel_55_1_2.html

Gianlucas Scorzafave

Anthony Osorio (on website, have him listed as Uruguayan, but that's an error - he is Canadian - Toronto FC's Jonathan Osorio brother)

Jerome Smith

All three are listed on Nacional's 4th Division squad - which is 1994's and younger

You should mention him in the weekly canucks abroad threads for informational purposes (ie. playing time, goals etc.)

Actually by the standards I listed, Czech 3rd division WOULD make the cut. The cut is actually very generous when you think about it. I'm disallowing only guys like 7th tier England, 5th tier Holland, and in Czech, 4th division wouldn't make the cut.

I know by the criteria there will be some clubs that are exceptions, but let's be honest, the cut is STILL generous. Basically the goal is to make this thread more about profession players abroad, rather than including amateur and pro am. This will make it easier to track and keep up to date.

Actually by the standards I listed, Czech 3rd division WOULD make the cut. The cut is actually very generous when you think about it. I'm disallowing only guys like 7th tier England, 5th tier Holland, and in Czech, 4th division wouldn't make the cut.

I know by the criteria there will be some clubs that are exceptions, but let's be honest, the cut is STILL generous. Basically the goal is to make this thread more about profession players abroad, rather than including amateur and pro am. This will make it easier to track and keep up to date.

Okay, I do agree that the cut is quite generous, and in the end should make things easier. I appreciate all the work you are doing, as I know it is quite time consuming.

You can officially add the three Canadian boys with Nacional Montevideo in Uruguay as per the roster list on Nacional's official website:

http://www.nacional.com.uy/mvdcms/catplantel_55_1_2.html

Gianlucas Scorzafave

Anthony Osorio (on website, have him listed as Uruguayan, but that's an error - he is Canadian - Toronto FC's Jonathan Osorio brother)

Jerome Smith

All three are listed on Nacional's 4th Division squad - which is 1994's and younger

Madmonte - for clarity's sake, the "4th division" is the U19 squad. 1st division being 1st team, 2nd being 2nd team, 3rd being U20, and down the charts til you have 8th or 9th division being U12's...

Also, pretty sure Tristan Grant is no longer at Nacional, but you may want to check on that. Manny Gomez is no longer at Barracas either.

Madmonte - for clarity's sake, the "4th division" is the U19 squad. 1st division being 1st team, 2nd being 2nd team, 3rd being U20, and down the charts til you have 8th or 9th division being U12's...

Also, pretty sure Tristan Grant is no longer at Nacional, but you may want to check on that. Manny Gomez is no longer at Barracas either.

Thanks for that jpg75. Although I don't have a link or anything, I can also confirm that Tristan Grant is no longer with Nacional. I guess the confirmation can be that he is no longer on the Nacional website as he previously was.

• 2 weeks later...

Crawley Town is set to release Jon Dollery at the end of the season (contract to June 30), he should be listed in the reserves until then

"Richie has also confirmed that Jon Dollery and Aaron Wickham, neither of whom have made a first-team appearance, are to be released when their contracts expire on June 30.

Richie added: "We thank both lads for their service to the football club and wish them well for their future careers."

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/article/smith-and-john-contracts-337686.aspx

Crawley Town is set to release Jon Dollery at the end of the season (contract to June 30), he should be listed in the reserves until then

"Richie has also confirmed that Jon Dollery and Aaron Wickham, neither of whom have made a first-team appearance, are to be released when their contracts expire on June 30.

Richie added: "We thank both lads for their service to the football club and wish them well for their future careers."

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/article/smith-and-john-contracts-337686.aspx

Well that sucks. Please don't let this be the start of another 12 month "unattached" spell for one of our players ...

Mikael Cantave has unfortunately moved to the U19 team of Orvault Sport Football whose senior squad plays in the 6th division of French football. He's a full two year underage at this point so there might be an opportunity for first team football very soon, but this is a very low level of play - only one level higher than my father played at as an 18 year old in 1962-63 (he played for Petit Cuevilly in the 1er Division which was then 5th tier and is now 7th tier).

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ligue_atlantique_de_football

Mikael Cantave - Orvault Sport Football (French Division Honneur Atlantique) (6) U19

Link to squad list for U19 match against Foyer Trelaze in a Coupe Atlantique match where Cantave is listed as #10.

http://www.orvaultsf.com/Convocations-U19-23-24-fevrier_a1989.html

15 year old Canadian Citizen Elliot Simmons is a central midfielder who plays for MK Dons Academy in England. Elliot was with the Ottawa Fury for 3 years before joining MK Dons at age 12. The Dons has a fast growing reputation in England for producing highly technical players and have produced around 8 youth internationals in the past 2 years at U16/17 level inc Seyi ojo who was sold at age 14 to Liverpool for around £1.5 million pounds.

see daily mail article on Dons academy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2274115/Martin-Samuel-Why-Milton-Keynes-Dons-methods-make-play-like-Brazil.html

Archived