Permutations for last two games...

TOcanadafan

Look guys our problem is we cant score goals now first before we even get delusional on scoring 1 or more we need to see the extent of deros injury cause without him we sure as hell wont score many second the more like scenario despite what many ppl may think is that we win at home to cuba 1-0 and in honduras we tie but honduras have a way of screwing us over so i say we are out because our team ( as demonstrated yesterday) cannot win in harsh environments and honduras will be no different... I hope im wrong and i want to see us in the hex but i doubt it we needed a tie yesterday which didnt happen

Look guys our problem is we cant score goals now first before we even get delusional on scoring 1 or more we need to see the extent of deros injury cause without him we sure as hell wont score many second the more like scenario despite what many ppl may think is that we win at home to cuba 1-0 and in honduras we tie but honduras have a way of screwing us over so i say we are out because our team ( as demonstrated yesterday) cannot win in harsh environments and honduras will be no different... I hope im wrong and i want to see us in the hex but i doubt it we needed a tie yesterday which didnt happen

A liitle down are we. I guess we shoud just give up.

Jesus Christ. Where in the hell is the Canadian fight. We lose one game due to a poor performance and everything goes into the Sh**er. I wonder if Dero who is a fighter would feel if he heard your thoughts let alone use his name.

Come on man stop this crap. Our team needs us more than ever. We can and will beat Cuba and yes we will score goals. In my opinion Cuba is crap and will be beat on Oct 12th. We will deal with Honduras when it's time. Canada does have excellent players for this level and can compete with Panama & Honduras.

This is how it will play out plain and simple. We have to crush the living **** out of Cuba (which is a shame, I like Cuba, love the country, don't wish anything bad on them, but they are in our way) by at LEAST 4 goals, and then hold on in Honduras so our goal differential is better than theirs. This is the way we're going to get to the Hex, so it will be squeaky bum time in San Pedro Sula, but even moreso in the home match on the 12th. If we **** up that game, we're done.

simple fact, we need to do something we have never been able to do....score goals.

we should call up junior hoilett.....i cant for the life of me figure out why we have yet to call up one of the best young offensive prospects in the premier league...especially with goals being our weakness....yeah he's young but he deserves a chance.

I'd go with that.

At this time Johnson and De Ro are in charge of free kicks and corners. No Bernier.

LOL. Agree totally. Bernier definitely lost a lot of fans last night, didn't he?! ;)

And yes, we all have to keeps our heads up guys. One loss is not the end of the world. Honestly whoever was expecting Canada to go through this group without at least a tie and a loss was wishful thinking. We will get there (again), but we're not there now and as long as we go out there to get the 6 points out of the next two games, we will go through. Even if we end up losing to Honduras, we can not afford to play for a tie in that game - I'd rather see us go down in a blaze of glory and trying 100% than go through to the next round and play every game like we did last night.

simple fact, we need to do something we have never been able to do....score goals.

we should call up junior hoilett.....i cant for the life of me figure out why we have yet to call up one of the best young offensive prospects in the premier league...especially with goals being our weakness....yeah he's young but he deserves a chance.

We've called him. He doesn't want to come.

If you think Hoilett doesn't play for Canada because we haven't called him, you need to do some homework. lol

Please tell me you are being ironic! (I assume you are, but without an emoticon, it is hard to tell).

Point taken but where was the fight in our team last night no where they didnt seem like they wanted to win the players know what they have to do but seemed like they didnt want to or were scared not sure why but even you can see it we barely created any opportunities all we needed was 1 damn point yesterday and we collapsed the only bright spot was hirschfield who kept us in it if not it would of been 4-0 i love our team but we need to face reality we cant score so unless hart wakes up and changes formation and tactics it aint gonna happen like is said we beat cuba 1-0 or 2-0 and then tie honduras and thats all but honduras will come on strong

A liitle down are we. I guess we shoud just give up.

Jesus Christ. Where in the hell is the Canadian fight. We lose one game due to a poor performance and everything goes into the Sh**er. I wonder if Dero who is a fighter would feel if he heard your thoughts let alone use his name.

Come on man stop this crap. Our team needs us more than ever. We can and will beat Cuba and yes we will score goals. In my opinion Cuba is crap and will be beat on Oct 12th. We will deal with Honduras when it's time. Canada does have excellent players for this level and can compete with Panama & Honduras.

Point taken but where was the fight in our team last night no where they didnt seem like they wanted to win the players know what they have to do but seemed like they didnt want to or were scared not sure why but even you can see it we barely created any opportunities all we needed was 1 damn point yesterday and we collapsed the only bright spot was hirschfield who kept us in it if not it would of been 4-0 i love our team but we need to face reality we cant score so unless hart wakes up and changes formation and tactics it aint gonna happen like is said we beat cuba 1-0 or 2-0 and then tie honduras and thats all but honduras will come on strong

We sat back and got off our game. Things got screwed without DeRo, he's a huge link to the offensive side of our game. Having no big forward to hold up the ball and we were in bad shape.

Both those goals were poor on our own behalf though, we still could have walked away 0-0.

Regardless, I don't think it's telling of who we are. We played well in all 3 previous WCQ's, vs T&T and USA as well. Last 6 matches, 5 good if not great efforts. **** happens.

Yes I agree there are no excuses for the lack of effort but this is a long way from over. There are so many scenerous that could play out as many have mentioned.

To me the big importance of the Cuba match is an outright dominant win and to restore absolute confidence by bouncing back after a poor showing. This will not be achieved by ney sayers forecasting lack of goal scorers and the dreaded elimination before actual matches. I really feel we should be targeting our energy not on who's to blame or what should have been done but how we can help our players feel that they can get the job done. BMO field needs to be sold out on Oct 12th to show that Canada is behind them. As Voyageurs or those who visit this site whether we live in Toronto or other parts of Canada we need to make sure that our Mens National Team knows that they have our total support and confidence that they will achieve the HEX. Hats off to those that have supported at BMO Field.

All these teams are beatable and if Canada plays at it's best they will have the oportunity to get to the HEX. Remember we as fans are there to support whether they win or lose.

Also this time around we are in a much better position than the previous WCQ's and I just would hate to see us piss this one away as we still have a great chance.

Can Panama be eliminated ? my big concern is that Panama will not be very motivated to win against Honduras and they play for a draw, or even they could loss to Honduras. Maybe because they assume an easy win in Havana......

is any permutation that alows Honduras and Canada go to the Hex and eliminate Panama ?

Can Panama be eliminated ? my big concern is that Panama will not be very motivated to win against Honduras and they play for a draw, or even they could loss to Honduras. Maybe because they assume an easy win in Havana......

is any permutation that alows Honduras and Canada go to the Hex and eliminate Panama ?

Panama can still be eliminated, but not unless they at least tie (or lose in Cuba). If they win in Cuba, that's 12pts and both Canada and Honduras can't reach 12 points. BUT, having said that, I don't think Panama will want to leave their qualification to the last match, even if it is against Cuba. It's on the road, and one never knows. If they lose vs. Honduras and tie vs. Cuba, that's only 10 points for them, which would mean if we beat Cuba and tie Honduras, we're both at 11 points. I also pray that they take the game vs. Honduras seriously enough to at least tie them.

We sat back and got off our game. Things got screwed without DeRo, he's a huge link to the offensive side of our game. Having no big forward to hold up the ball and we were in bad shape.

Both those goals were poor on our own behalf though, we still could have walked away 0-0.

Regardless, I don't think it's telling of who we are. We played well in all 3 previous WCQ's, vs T&T and USA as well. Last 6 matches, 5 good if not great efforts. **** happens.

Yeah, this sort of perspective is needed. Nobody here figured we'd win all our games, especially not away in Panama, and you had to figure that maybe one of our six games would be a shambles. I suppose. But the guys will use this to their benefit, will get fired up for Cuba and Honduras, and if they can learn as a group from what went wrong in Panama, then we will have a strong fighting chance in Honduras. But it will be a fight, and for much of the game in Panama, I did not see that Canuck fighting spirit at all. On that note, let's bring Humey back into the fold. He should be ready by then.

Archived