Philadelphia Vancouver

Drew Shaw

That was like watching Canada playing Honduras with a Nicaraguan referee. Lots of fouls getting missed, until the players got more and more reckless in their tackles.

After Hassli was ejected, the game was done, and all the fouls and hard play essentially stopped. Watching Valdes for Philadelphia was like watching all those horrible Central American players - they whine, they dive, they flop, and they hack.

I guess we've come back down to earth, but that game wasn't great to watch. I think Martin Nash was correct when he said that the call on Hassli was pretty soft.

People are recording the match. Please take the score out of the title.

Thanks, but if I were recording the match to watch later, I think the onus would be on me to not turn on sports radio stations on the drive home, or log onto a Canadian soccer chat forums while still at work.

The announcer was Craig MacEwan who is a regular of Sportnset Pacific.

I did cringe about at his "hopefully there will be more goals" bit. It's hard for these hockey guys to get out of that mode sometimes. Like everything else, there is going to be a learning curve for some of these people.

Thanks, but it seems rather unnecessary.

Personally, I came to this board yesterday trying to see if anyone had posted video for either game, as they had for the Toronto-Vancouver game. And there, at the top of my screen, was a title telling me that I didn't need to watch the Vancouver game, because the score was 1-0 Philly.

So for future reference: please don't ruin games for other people by posting the score in the title.

Personally, I came to this board yesterday trying to see if anyone had posted video for either game, as they had for the Toronto-Vancouver game. And there, at the top of my screen, was a title telling me that I didn't need to watch the Vancouver game, because the score was 1-0 Philly.

So for future reference: please don't ruin games for other people by posting the score in the title.

Anyone who tapes a game, and then goes on internet sports pages on his computer is kind of like someone who listens to the sports on the radio in the car on the way home, and then acts surprised when he hears the score. I'm not going to wait two days to discuss a game on the off-chance that one person out there is still saving it on his PVR for the weekend. Sorry.

Anyone who tapes a game, and then goes on internet sports pages on his computer is kind of like someone who listens to the sports on the radio in the car on the way home, and then acts surprised when he hears the score. I'm not going to wait two days to discuss a game on the off-chance that one person out there is still saving it on his PVR for the weekend. Sorry.

Who cares what his reasoning is, he's entitled to come to this site and not have the game ruined because a score is in the title of a thread. The rules are rules for a reason.

Anyone who tapes a game

You misunderstand me. I didn't tape the game. I do not have the ability to tape it, because I do not have access to the TV station(s) broadcasting it.

I was on here in the hopes that someone would post the video, because someone kindly did that for the previous game. I did not look in the two main threads that were used to talk about the game, because I knew they would contain spoilers. I just refreshed the section of the forums in the hopes that something would pop up talking about match video.

For example, there was this thread from the previous game:

Vancouver vs. Toronto (March 19) match video thread [no R]

Now, you're saying you're not going to wait two days, and that's fine. But you could have discussed it within the threat that already existed. There was really no need for a second thread, and no need for you to put the score in the title.

It's really not difficult for you to make a title that doesn't reveal the score but does reveal you're about to talk about the game.

What was up with Philadelphia wearing their third jerseys at home?

First home game; first chance to promote this season's new jersey to all their fans (who may have already bought both of last year's). I don't like it but TFC did the same thing last year by opening at home wearing their (then) new white jersey even though they'd already worn in both away games IIRC.

First home game; first chance to promote this season's new jersey to all their fans (who may have already bought both of last year's). I don't like it but TFC did the same thing last year by opening at home wearing their (then) new white jersey even though they'd already worn in both away games IIRC.

Yeah, I really don't dig the whole non-home-colours-at-home thing.

What was up with Philadelphia wearing their third jerseys at home?

Agreed. This is football. You wear your colours at home, and only change them on the road if they clash. Vancouver should have been in white, and Philadelphia in dark blue, not the other way around.

There's also no need for white jerseys in hockey or football either, when the teams don't clash. Imagine a Mtl-Tor game in red vs blue, or a Esks-Stamps game in green vs red. Anyone who has played any sport knows you can tell the players apart easily on the field, and it looks better from the stands.

Archived