Whitecaps will finish ahead of Toronto this season.

Drew Shaw

So they still joined us well before the MLS pre-season.

Your team won't be with yah till the Summer. Not sure if anyone told Winter, but the season starts in March.

I'm not sure if anyone told you, but Lord Bob's team is most definitely not TFC.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I quoted that too fast, I didn't even realize it was Bob

What point is that? You responded to Lord Bob (by implying that "his" team wouldn't be ready), LB's post was a response to Loyola. Neither of them are TFC fans.

But whatever. As a TFC fan I should be flattered that my club is even mentioned in the same cyber-breath as the Whitecaps, apparently.

What point is that? You responded to Lord Bob (by implying that "his" team wouldn't be ready), LB's post was a response to Loyola. Neither of them are TFC fans.

But whatever. As a TFC fan I should be flattered that my club is even mentioned in the same cyber-breath as the Whitecaps, apparently.

Oh come on Rudi, this is good nature fun. I just want the NCC to be a as a fierce rivarly as possible. (if you can't tell)

I may be a Caps fan but I got an inaugural TFC jersey hanging in my closet, I won't lie and say I don't wanna see TFC do well, it's good for Canadian soccer.

I do believe Vancouver seems to be in just a better spot mentally as a team to perform. TFC seems more concentrated on off the pitch stuff again way to close to the start of the season. You got a new coach, new system, and till recently contract miscue's

Hopefully with the Cann thing ending, that Winter and TFC can look to what they put on the pitch. As a time in turmoil off the pitch can not be expected to play well on the pitch.

Vancouver might not be the most dazzling club at the moment on paper, but they are club all pulling in the same direction and in a League with large parity, a hard working club focused on the same goal moving in symbiosis can be largely successful in the MLS.

Oh come on Rudi, this is good nature fun. I just want the NCC to be a as a fierce rivarly as possible. (if you can't tell)

I may be a Caps fan but I got an inaugural TFC jersey hanging in my closet, I won't lie and say I don't wanna see TFC do well, it's good for Canadian soccer.

I do believe Vancouver seems to be in just a better spot mentally as a team to perform. TFC seems more concentrated on off the pitch stuff again way to close to the start of the season. You got a new coach, new system, and till recently contract miscue's

Hopefully with the Cann thing ending, that Winter and TFC can look to what they put on the pitch. As a time in turmoil off the pitch can not be expected to play well on the pitch.

Vancouver might not be the most dazzling club at the moment on paper, but they are club all pulling in the same direction and in a League with large parity, a hard working club focused on the same goal moving in symbiosis can be largely successful in the MLS.

Meh, I'm just giving it back. I honestly have no problem with the Whitecaps (aside from a few very arrogant supporters), and barely consider you guys a rival, outside of the Canadian thing.

If Whitecaps fans want to gauge their team against ours as some sort of measuring stick for success, more power to them. But honestly, if the roles were reversed, I'd set the bar higher than a club that has been thoroughly damaged by Mo Johnston.

Meh, I'm just giving it back. I honestly have no problem with the Whitecaps (aside from a few very arrogant supporters), and barely consider you guys a rival, outside of the Canadian thing.

If Whitecaps fans want to gauge their team against ours as some sort of measuring stick for success, more power to them. But honestly, if the roles were reversed, I'd set the bar higher than a club that hasn't been thoroughly damaged by Mo Johnston.

Agreed, and I appolgize for the arrogancy of select supporters, we all have a few of them.

We're comparing ourselves to Toronto FC in an environment where our sports media is Toronto-dominated, and in a country where the domestic soccer news has been all-Toronto-FC-all-the-time for years now. It's natural that we'd use the most visible measuring point to gauge our team. Believe me, there's a fair bit of measuring against Portland and (particularly) Seattle going on too: you just don't see it on the Voyageurs board because there are no Sounders or Timbers fans here posting all the time.

You will give a **** when we make the playoffs in year one and you miss again, how many times will that be now?

I can't wait to see your monocle pop across the room in anger when your lowly expansion team gets a beatdown at the hands of the mighty TFC :P

Yup, the over inflated expectations are pretty comparable. Except we weren't measuring our dicks and trying to compare them to other teams. You guys out on the left coast seem to love comparing yourselves to us. Here's a hint, you're like an annoying little neigbour kid whose Mom is friends with our Mom - we don't give a **** about you.

Gosh, what a surprise, Canadian fans want to compare their MLS teams. What a horrible thing for Canadian soccer. Things sure were better 10 years ago.

Most V's, particularly those from Vancouver, have been pretty supportive of TFC -or at least neutral- for the past 4 years. This is a pretty innocent thread where people should be able to express their predictions without people making more references to their genitals. If there's something to get upset about, it's that the home page to this site has linked some serious rubbish recently. Not the predictions of who will finish where, obviously there is home team bias, but the apparent inability to check any facts. It's funny when US commentators embarrass themselves, but I'd think Canadians -particularly Vs- would be a little more inclined to actually think before they post.

I would hope so, but there are always jerks in every crowd. Cheers.

I don't have a problem with predictions, if you think Vancouver will make the playoffs or even win MLS Cup that's your opinion and I don't have a beef with you being optimistic about your team. But the OP is comparing your team to ours and there's no need to. It seems the fashion lately is to crap on TFC and their Dutch amateur signings and a few of your fellow Vancouverites seemed more than happy to pile on - which is why i equated it to a circle jerk, a bunch of guys stroking their Whitecap fan-dicks.

As for Duane Rollins' MLS prediction piece, I think he's just doing his job and pretty much has to put something out there. Predicting the upcoming MLS season is a fools game and I would dread having to put something together because you're going to end up with a big helping of ridicule from a handful of fan bases when the smoke clears. Perhaps he doesn't feel the same way I do and truly enjoys predictions and really thinks TFC will sneak into the playoffs - I don't know. Either way I'm not sure I agree with him having TFC 10th, but hey anything can happen. But I'm guessing you have more of a beef with him ranking you guys 14th right? So, out of curiousity, where do you think the Caps will end up?

edit: Oh wait, you weren't talking about Rollins. Like Ed said, what did I miss?

At least I'm quickly learning who the jerks are around here, and which posts to not bother reading.

We're comparing ourselves to Toronto FC in an environment where our sports media is Toronto-dominated, and in a country where the domestic soccer news has been all-Toronto-FC-all-the-time for years now. It's natural that we'd use the most visible measuring point to gauge our team. Believe me, there's a fair bit of measuring against Portland and (particularly) Seattle going on too: you just don't see it on the Voyageurs board because there are no Sounders or Timbers fans here posting all the time.

True and not true. As a TFC fan first and a Caps fan second living in Ottawa I can tell you that TSN, The Score and most national newspapers are very Toronto-centric but Sportsnet is very west coast biased. We get the Sportnet Connected from Vancouver every night and they always lead with everything west coast. What I don't understand is why we can't all cheer for every Canadian team until they actually meet. Speculating on whether the Caps will finish ahead of TFC was trollish to begin with. Perhaps if the title of this thread was "Where will the Caps finish this year?" would have been better.

In the spirit of competition, I'm willing to wager two cases of the winner's choice of any Canadian beer with the first TFC supporter to take me up on it. The first case is based on Voyageurs' Cup results and the second on final league table. I may live at the ass end of the world, but I'm most certainly good for it. Takers?

In the spirit of competition, I'm willing to wager two cases of the winner's choice of any Canadian beer with the first TFC supporter to take me up on it. The first case is based on Voyageurs' Cup results and the second on final league table. I may live at the ass end of the world, but I'm most certainly good for it. Takers?

I just checked Canada Post's website and it would cost $260 to ship two cases form Ottawa to Melbourne!

I just checked Canada Post's website and it would cost $260 to ship two cases form Ottawa to Melbourne!

I just assumed that I could call your local B&W and pay over the phone so you could pick it up. If I won, you could do the same with my old local in East Van and one of my mates would pick it up for me (and probably drink long before my next visit home).

I just assumed that I could call your local B&W and pay over the phone so you could pick it up. If I won, you could do the same with my old local in East Van and one of my mates would pick it up for me (and probably drink long before my next visit home).

What's a "B&W?" Beer and wine? We're all public in Ontario, I don't think the Liquor Control Board of Ontario would allow such a thing. We could wager a $50 gift card at a local pub? That's somethine that could be arranged by phone.

Wow. Definitely not enough cock waggin' going on in this thread yet. I am amused by the excitement and enthusiasm of Vancouver, something we felt not too long ago. Truth be told, trying to figure out who is going to be worse between these teams is probably more difficult then choosing the MLS Cup winner this season. Aside from TFC's Canadian Spine (DeRo, JDG, Cann, Attakora), both teams are very unproven in this league and we have seen lots of quality get ripped apart in MLS because of the style of play that we see in this league.

So to keep things rolling...EAT IT VANCOUVER! (and every other MLS team in this bush league we call our own)

At least I'm quickly learning who the jerks are around here, and which posts to not bother reading.

Here's a clue; when you open up a thread and in your first post disparage another team that shares the same sub-forum of the site you are posting on that's called baiting. I'm sure the responses would be similar if I'd opened a thread titled "TFC will make the playoffs and Vancouver will finish last" and opened up by stating that Vancouvers midfield has limited offensive acumen and they'll have to rely on long balls out of the back to score any goals.

What's a "B&W?" Beer and wine? We're all public in Ontario, I don't think the Liquor Control Board of Ontario would allow such a thing. We could wager a $50 gift card at a local pub? That's somethine that could be arranged by phone.

No 'Cold Beer and Wine' shops in Ontario? Hell, we had them in BC even before the current Liberal government started privatising the booze industry. Alright, $50 at a pub of your choice, it is?

There's always a smiley next to his trolling posts. I'm tired of it.

Grizzly is a trolling asshole. :)

Better?

I loved the smileys.. hey are you going to go see any TFC games this year ? or go to Detroit to watch the men's team ?

Would be great to see you at a game.

Archived