Canadians abroad: February 11-17, 2011

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for February 11-17, 2011.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Michal Misiewicz came on in the 60th minute as Polonia Bytom fall to Slovak side Koper 1-0. All I can find is that the goal was score before half time so Misiewicz wasn't the one who conceded it.

ALSO..

Paul Peschisolido's Burton Albion leave the relegation zone with a huge 1-0 win over table-toppers Chesterfield!

In the English Championship today: Peters is on the bench as Ipswich Town visit Barnsley, Hume is not in the squad foer Preston North End away to Hull (he has a groin pull), Edgar not in the squad for Swansea away to Middlesboro and Jackson starts on the bench for Norwich as they host Reading!

McCallum starts and goes 90, as Lincoln City downs Morecambe 2 - 0. Lincoln is now approaching the playoff position for promotion.

Quite the reversal in fortunes.

Wow, impressive! Is it me or since McCallum started getting more minutes, Lincoln has gotten better?

Jake Inglis starts and goes the full 90 as his Elgin City come from behind to draw a re-vamped Clyde FC away 3-3 in SFL 3rd Division play. His play seems to be drawing interest from bigger clubs not only in Scotland and England ,but also, in Germany and Italy. Only time will tell.

Jake Inglis starts and goes the full 90 as his Elgin City come from behind to draw a re-vamped Clyde FC away 3-3 in SFL 3rd Division play. His play seems to be drawing interest from bigger clubs not only in Scotland and England ,but also, in Germany and Italy. Only time will tell.

Could you give us some sense of a source, Jake? ;>

Atiba Hutchinson started and played 73 minutes in PSV's big 4-0 win away at AZ Alkmaar. I watched some of the match and he was directly involved in the build-up to the 2nd goal. I was also following some PSV commentary on twitter and many fans were surprised he was taken off at 73 minutes instead of Orlando Engelaar (other central midfielder), though I imagine the fact he had played 90 minutes in Greece 3 days earlier had a lot to do with it.

Looks like Josh Simpson is continuing to show that flair he had in Greece as he has 2 in the first half (7' and 37') as Manisaspor lead Antalyaspor 3-1 at half time!

Some of the threads are showing Josh got the goal at 7' but that is incorrect. It was Jimmy Dixon that got that one. Josh has been attacking the ball and causing fits for the defense. He should have 3 goals by now. He missed an easy open net. His goal at 37' was a beauty. It is half time right now.

Some of the threads are showing Josh got the goal at 7' but that is incorrect. It was Jimmy Dixon that got that one. Josh has been attacking the ball and causing fits for the defense. He should have 3 goals by now. He missed an easy open net. His goal at 37' was a beauty. It is half time right now.

The match ends 4-1 for Manisaspor and Simpson scores one. Also, he received a yellow card at 86'.

Atiba Hutchinson started and played 73 minutes in PSV's big 4-0 win away at AZ Alkmaar. I watched some of the match and he was directly involved in the build-up to the 2nd goal. I was also following some PSV commentary on twitter and many fans were surprised he was taken off at 73 minutes instead of Orlando Engelaar (other central midfielder), though I imagine the fact he had played 90 minutes in Greece 3 days earlier had a lot to do with it.

A good foil for Hutchinson: a big, ballwinning d-mid to handle the grittier parts of the game.

Simpson's goal is his 10 this year which puts him as the 5th highest scorer in Turkey this year: http://www.football-live.net/scorers_detail.php?l=14 His team is in 7th place with 31 points: http://www.football-live.net/tables_detail.php?s=222

Exactly what position is he playing in while getting all these goals? If he's playing in a two man attack we might just have to consider the same thing for some occasions.

It's not like this one-top thing is generating a tonne of success against all types of opposition.

Finally after 4 weeks of hard work, with the new players. Things are starting to come together for the team. Today impressive as they move out of playout by a point, Uccello did not start in this one as he is still fighting a cough but did manage to get in the 2nd half of the match. at 28 minute mark Things are looking good for recovery and he should be back on his feet next week with another important match against the team directly above them by a point. Today test was positive and felt good

here are some photos of the match and the canadian flag proudly demostrated among the tifosi.

post-1903-139465253371_thumb.jpg

post-1903-139465253368_thumb.jpg

Archived